SDS100/SDS200: Uniden SDS200 and Bluetooth transmitter interference

Schmelop

I bought (with a little fear of interference) a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for headphone out jack on my Uniden SDS200 to transmit to a Pioneer Receiver.
Well my fear was right it transmits to the pioneer but there is a buzzing sound along with the audio when played out of the Pioneer Receiver. Does anyone know of a clean method to do this or another device that will work other than hard wiring all the way.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I bought (with a little fear of interference) a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for headphone out jack on my Uniden SDS200 to transmit to a Pioneer Receiver.
Well my fear was right it transmits to the pioneer but there is a buzzing sound along with the audio when played out of the Pioneer Receiver. Does anyone know of a clean method to do this or another device that will work other than hard wiring all the way.
You probably need a ground loop isolator.

a417

Do other audio sources (when fed into the bluetooth tx/rx) have the same characteristic buzzing? This is diagnosis by subsitution.

Schmelop

Do other audio sources (when fed into the bluetooth tx/rx) have the same characteristic buzzing? This is diagnosis by subsitution.
No if I stream from my iphone to the Pioneer it is perfectly clean sound

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Either get a different BT transmitter or a ground loop isolator or both.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Definitely need a ground loop isolator
$10 at Amazon
It's what I use with my SDS200 with my Bluetooth adapter (bluetooth adapter powered by the USB A port on the front of the sds200

Ubbe

there is a buzzing sound along with the audio when played out of the Pioneer Receiver.
Doesn't all SDS200 have buzzing in their audio if they don't have that special no-hum modification being done to them? Listen with your ear close to the internal speaker and check that it has no buzz in its audio. Feeding the speaker audio to a HiFi system could reveal that faint buzzing so much more.

/Ubbe

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Doesn't all SDS200 have buzzing in their audio if they don't have that special no-hum modification being done to them? Listen with your ear close to the internal speaker and check that it has no buzz in its audio. Feeding the speaker audio to a HiFi system could reveal that faint buzzing so much more.

/Ubbe
No, I cannot hear that on mine.

Schmelop

$10 at Amazon
It's what I use with my SDS200 with my Bluetooth adapter (bluetooth adapter powered by the USB A port on the front of the sds200

Does the Uniden SDS200 USBA port support at least 1amp as my Bluetooth Send/Receive requires 1 amp. It does come with a power supply but it would be nice to use the USBA port.

Attachments

• 1Mii_B03Pro.jpg
    1Mii_B03Pro.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16

Ubbe

Does the Uniden SDS200 USBA port support at least 1amp as my Bluetooth Send/Receive requires 1 amp. It does come with a power supply but it would be nice to use the USBA port.
It doesn't actually use 1A, it's just how its power adapter are marked and are the smallest one you can get. It takes something like 150mA-200mA that are well within what any USB port must be able to deliver.

/Ubbe

Schmelop

$10 at Amazon

Thanks for the tip on using the USB-A port to supply power to the Bluetooth Transmitter while using the ground isolator as this worked better than using the power supply that came with the Bluetooth transmitter.