Uniden Tech Support number

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

My radio is "repaired" but I am not 100% hopeful. It is my original 785D, power supply died and it or seemed to me that the APCO card was not working. Unable to lock or decode. I know there were band plan changes and 9600 control channels, but I wanted to use it for specific purposes. Checking online there was a comment about band plan changes and no firmware update, which I understand, but there was no specific statement that indicated they did not find a problem with the APCO card.

I will try the Fax again a few time tomorrow, then mail a check and hope their 20 days is not a hard cut off?

Oh well?

kellykeeton

I called last Friday hold for 10min got a nice chap who said "I don't know if we can do that I will call you back" (I then assumed yea right) sure enough he called me back like 7 hours later and took good care of my issue. I got a 535 DOA out of box - we will see what happens next.. I a, in no hurry as these things take time. It is a bummer I don't have my scanner, even more of a bummer I ordered a 435 so entertain me .. But that was then back ordered. Haha.. Oh well.

JamesO

Tried to Fax the info over 2 more times today.

Fax line is constantly busy. Just for kicks I even tried last night at 10:30 pm and it was busy.

I cannot believe there is this much Fax traffic going on at Uniden Customer service.

Calling in again, will see how long I have to wait on hold.

Also the Voice Jail system really does not have an option for being able to make some form of payment.

I either have to select Warranty and General Questions or Parts.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
1. Fax machine is "off the hook". If I am wrong maybe UPMan can chime in and correct me.

2. Uniden customer service is inconsistent.

JamesO

1. Fax machine is "off the hook". If I am wrong maybe UPMan can chime in and correct me.

2. Uniden customer service is inconsistent.

Assume the Fax machine is off the hook? Wonder if anyone ever thought gee wiz no Faxes for the past week, whats up?

At least the parts and accessories guys indicated they are closed for lunch, but anywhere I ever worked, we staggered lunch breaks so there was constant coverage thought out the day.

Must me nice to walk off to lunch when there are people waiting on hold, does not work this way for anywhere I have ever worked! Sometimes I have worked 40 hours straight with nothing but a bathroom break!

JamesO

Fax number still rings busy every time I call, even way outside of business hours!!

I finally just mailed back the form letter, but I have NO confidence that the proper department will get the letter in time.

All of this has delayed the return of my scanner repair and I have done everything I can to make this a smooth process, but when you are not told what credit cards are accepted, Uniden does not bother to notify you that the payment info is not correct when the open the box and start the repair.

I understand they may be busy, but they need to review their practices and if the accepted PayPal, I could have punched about 25 keys and had this resolved in under a minute and it would have removed a step for Uniden.

It just amazes me how this can happen and nobody seems to take initiative to streamline the process. I realize it takes someone that is not sucked into the bog to see the issues and make recommendations.

And for everyone's info, I made 5 separate phone calls yesterday to 2 different groups staying on hold between 15-30 minutes each time without an answer. I would guess I was on hold for over 2 hours and nobody answered the phone. The other question is what happens when groups decide to go to lunch and there are calls on hold waiting? I know the Parts & Accessory group has a recording that says they are at lunch if you happen to call during the lunch window, but what happens if you are on hold when they decide to go to lunch?

I hope Uniden is listening,

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Fax number still rings busy every time I call, even way outside of business hours!!

I finally just mailed back the form letter, but I have NO confidence that the proper department will get the letter in time.

All of this has delayed the return of my scanner repair and I have done everything I can to make this a smooth process, but when you are not told what credit cards are accepted, Uniden does not bother to notify you that the payment info is not correct when the open the box and start the repair.

I understand they may be busy, but they need to review their practices and if the accepted PayPal, I could have punched about 25 keys and had this resolved in under a minute and it would have removed a step for Uniden.

It just amazes me how this can happen and nobody seems to take initiative to streamline the process. I realize it takes someone that is not sucked into the bog to see the issues and make recommendations.

And for everyone's info, I made 5 separate phone calls yesterday to 2 different groups staying on hold between 15-30 minutes each time without an answer. I would guess I was on hold for over 2 hours and nobody answered the phone. The other question is what happens when groups decide to go to lunch and there are calls on hold waiting? I know the Parts & Accessory group has a recording that says they are at lunch if you happen to call during the lunch window, but what happens if you are on hold when they decide to go to lunch?

I hope Uniden is listening,

I'm not usually one to make claims about a company's practices being bad unless they are really, really bad. Based on your posts here it sounds like Uniden has really dropped the ball on this. Some simple fixes would have this be a non-issue. Updating the website with current, correct info and ALL of the info needed is the first, and simplest, step. Also, experiencing higher call volume than normal? Simple - triple your tech support force and triple your phone lines (or do like many companies are these days and use online chat - quick and easy solution that I personally prefer now days).

It's odd that Uniden is allowing customers to have these experiences. It certainly doesn't seem like it is helping their reputation at all. Seems like it will give many people pause about how everything else is done. I would think they'd be working hard to remedy this problem.

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, however, and that's why I usually don't bash companies unless I know...but this certainly seems like someone somewhere (or the company as a whole) dropped the ball on this one. A few easy fixes and things could be much better, so it seems.

JamesO

Truly amazing.

Have you tried contacting corporate?

I just want to give Uniden some money and get my boat anchor 785D back so I can split up some of my scanning.

As many may understand the more you scan, the more you miss!

I have spent enough time on this, I would not have even tried as hard if I did not have cordless speaker phones.

Just placed the call and when back to work while on hold doing other things. More than what most would do.

Part of the reason I am posting my experience is there is something up. There are PLENTY of people in the country that are looking for work and are more than qualified to address these types of jobs. So if it is a people problem, simple, fix it by hiring people or extend your hours for a short period of time and do not have a wholesale lunch break. I rarely get a lunch break when I want one, many days I skip lunch, just no time for it.

Even if Uniden would have a specific email address, online web payment (just plug in your SRO or Purchase Order info), PayPal option or some simple way for anyone to make a payment. This would simplify and streamline the process for EVERYONE, customers and Uniden staff.

I am one of the unfortunate ones to have spent $600 for a new 536HP with the headphone issue and it will need to be returned for repair/exchange at some point, this repair case I am dealing with does not leave a comfortable feeling about the Uniden Customer Circus Experience!

gobunnygo

for what its worth, ive been given a fax number of 817-799-1514 and 1800-620-7531 to speak with someone about my scanners.

hope that helps

JamesO

for what its worth, ive been given a fax number of 817-799-1514 and 1800-620-7531 to speak with someone about my scanners.

hope that helps

Thanks for this info, was very helpful.

All I have to go off of is the form letter I was sent. The Fax number on the form letter is (817) 858-2855. Constantly busy for the past 5 days, 7/24!

If this is a bad/old/non used number, time to purge the old form letter.

Just for kicks I just called the fax number you provided and it rang and gave me CNG tones.

But no disrespect to you, I am not Faxing my credit card into to some number I have no idea where it leads to!!

But successes, I called the voice number you provided, answered on the first ring!

Spoke with someone that was very helpful and indicated that Tech Support for Scanners would be the best place to contact for this issue. But the form letter sent from service did not indicate any of this and I was told that Service/Repair does not answer phone calls directly.

Live and learn, I was just following instructions as provided!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
How does one "speak" on a fax :confused:

You have to be really good at whistling and/or throat singing.

At the risk of being branded a troll, where's our "professional scanner user" from Indiana with his super-secret direct number to Uniden techs that he claims to have?

JamesO

I must be the poster boy for Murphy's Law.

I mentioned not only did I not receive any indication that scanner arrived, was repaired or provide a SRO number, I was dealt the hand of how not to be able to contact anyone at Uniden!

Actually very pleasantly surprised. The person I spoke with was very good and responsive. I had some concern based on the comments on the repair ticket that the main issue the scanner was sent in for may have been overlooked.

I quickly received a call back and the Tech Support person wanted to make sure I understood what the comments on the repair ticket were about. As we discussed the issue, I had reservations that the repair staff understood what was not working.

I had done some reasonable trouble shooting on my end and decided for the $45 repair price, I was not going to spend a lot of time fooling around with the issue.

So the Tech Support person was going to have Service confirmed that the digital reception was working properly again before they ship the scanner back to me.

Maybe I am be paranoid, but I had 2 Uniden scanners with the same APCO card and swapped cards and it sure appeared that the APCO card was not functional.

So to give Uniden credit where they deserve it, once I was able to breach the electronic gauntlet, there was someone helpful on the other end.

And again, thanks for the additional phone numbers, they were in fact helpful, unlike Unidens "new" phone jail system.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
At the risk of being branded a troll, where's our "professional scanner user" from Indiana with his super-secret direct number to Uniden techs that he claims to have?

Ouch... LOL!

JamesO

Hey, just a phone number that will actually ring and not keep you on hold for infinity is all I was after!

Kudo's for gobunnygo.

I made the mistake of following directions, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.