UV-COMM Hanover Dispatch

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Been monitoring 155.8275 (dispatch channel) for while now in the white mountains (50 miles north of Hanover) and one transmission is loud and clear and 30 seconds later it goes to completely unreadable and back and forth. It's nothing on my end. Have tried different portables and mobiles with the same result. It's like I'm receiving a transmission from multiple sites with different geographical distant from me and sometimes I'm picking up the closer tower? Using Motorola APX mobiles/portables to monitor. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Anybody have insight on how their system works?

thanks for any help

ecps92

Been monitoring 155.8275 (dispatch channel) for while now in the white mountains (50 miles north of Hanover) and one transmission is loud and clear and 30 seconds later it goes to completely unreadable and back and forth. It's nothing on my end. Have tried different portables and mobiles with the same result. It's like I'm receiving a transmission from multiple sites with different geographical distant from me and sometimes I'm picking up the closer tower? Using Motorola APX mobiles/portables to monitor. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Anybody have insight on how their system works?

thanks for any help
155.8275 is licensed for multiple Repeater sites, I would venture they Dispatch off One Primarily then switch to the other to either Re-Page for those who can't hear the main site and/or use that for responding companies ?

Been years since I monitored UP and that was in the old 153.9500 days

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
155.8275 is licensed for multiple Repeater sites, I would venture they Dispatch off One Primarily then switch to the other to either Re-Page for those who can't hear the main site and/or use that for responding companies ?

Been years since I monitored UP and that was in the old 153.9500 days

Actually, it's a simulcast repeater system with voted receivers. Which probably explains why the OP is hearing distortion - The timing of the simulcast transmitters is going to be based on the intended use area.

ecps92

Actually, it's a simulcast repeater system with voted receivers. Which probably explains why the OP is hearing distortion - The timing of the simulcast transmitters is going to be based on the intended use area.
OK - thanks for the Clarification, still so used to the Dispatch or Apparatus selecting the Repeaters - like the old GCSO saying they were on Tenny vs Hanover.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider

Ahhhh that makes sense. Anything I can adjust on my end or it is what it is kind of deal?

thanks for the input

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
One question is whether it is consistently dropping off after 30 seconds, or that is a descriptor that it often drops after some time. If it's consistent, there could be something going on with the site you typically hear. The simulcast systems I used in the past weren't that smart and ran the same power at all sites, all the time. However, there would be areas where the different sites didn't quite synch and you'd get the heterodyning (on Analog systems).