VISITING SAN DIEGO - SD City/County & Cities for FIRE Which Systems

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I'm visiting San Diego in a few weeks, specifically NAS North Island.
Which Systems for SD City Fire, SD County Fire, and Surrounding Cities? (Coronado) Don't care about PD/Sheriff
Is it the 700mhz System? The 800mhz System? The San Diego-Imperial County RCS NextGen?
I'm good to go with all the Federal Navy stuff.
Thanks
Jim

celbaseman

Feed Provider
For the city of San Diego, the 700 MHz system. For Coronado, the RCS South Zone. Coronado FD is dispatched by Metro on the RCS system. May want to monitor United States Department of Defense (14C) to monitor the military FD.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
For the city of San Diego, the 700 MHz system. For Coronado, the RCS South Zone. Coronado FD is dispatched by Metro on the RCS system. May want to monitor United States Department of Defense (14C) to monitor the military FD.

I can't find any "Metro Fire" listings or Coronado FD talk groups in the Database. What am I missing?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The DoD system talkgroups for Coronado and North Island on the Naval Base San Diego site would work well...the base police channels and the Fed Fire stuff. For city FD stuff, you just want the zone 6 talkgroups on Nextgen RCS.

Paul

FQ1100

I'm visiting San Diego in a few weeks, specifically NAS North Island.
Which Systems for SD City Fire, SD County Fire, and Surrounding Cities? (Coronado) Don't care about PD/Sheriff
Is it the 700mhz System? The 800mhz System? The San Diego-Imperial County RCS NextGen?
I'm good to go with all the Federal Navy stuff.
Thanks
Jim
Not to sure if you have gone on your trip yet but I was recently in San Diego and learned that on actual incidents the majority of on scene radio traffic is on the (command) channel for example CMD 8A would be the channel to program to listen to on scene traffic not 8B and there pulsepoint is about instantly with the dispatch