Walmart Scanner Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill4long

Using CTCSS or DCS does not reduce interference. It actually prevents you from hearing co-channel users, leading to mutual interference to all parties who are using CTCSS or DCS.

It can reduce interference, if by "interference" one means hearing stations that you do not want to hear, which can obviously be disruptive, especially to low information Wal-Tards.

Given my monitoring of the local situation, I would guess that most of the non-Walmart MURS signals that Wal-Tards hear are not close enough to actually "double" with an inside signal. Walmart could at least eliminate hearing "outside" traffic that if they used tone squelch. My guess is they would be better off with tone squelch than without it.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
The Waterbury ct one uses a freq a Local fd uses as a third fg channel they are boring to listen to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aspicer

What are those flags?

Just remember, it is still illegal for anyone to "mess with" Walmart or any other business. License-by-rule has a meaning. Just because you don't need a license does not mean that you can interfere with any other station. That's a big problem with CB. People tend to just talk over other stations because they believe that since no license is required, that nobody has exclusive rights to the frequency. But, if someone is using a frequency, then their operation should not be interfered with until their operation is complete. That is what a monitor button is for. You push the monitor button to open the squelch so you can listen for any other station. If nothing is heard, it is safe to transmit; If you hear someone, you don't.

What do those flags mean near "Hams Against Magnetic Mounts"? I had trouble finding that Red-White-Red-White-Red pennant flag. I found it in Russian Navy Code and Signals flags. I don't think it is an international flag. Does it mean "Magnetic" somewhere? So your horizontal flag hoist means "Magnetic W T F"? What the French?

---
73 de KA4UDX,
ex USN RM and SM rating (and QMOW)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, Wal Mart is upgrading to DMR (MotoTRBO) at many of their locations, so basic scanning of them is going to become problematic. Almost all of the new licenses for Wal Mart have now added the 7K60FXE etc to the emissions designations. Here in Indy I have verified at least some TRBO usage already.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, Wal Mart is upgrading to DMR (MotoTRBO) at many of their locations, so basic scanning of them is going to become problematic. Almost all of the new licenses for Wal Mart have now added the 7K60FXE etc to the emissions designations. Here in Indy I have verified at least some TRBO usage already.

Had a feeling they would do this soon. I'll try the 3 wal marts in my area. I don't live too far from one.

Status
Not open for further replies.