Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Walmart can afford radios for those they want to use them. This is your first post on RR. I think you are just wanting to wreak havoc with their radio communications. Not a good idea if that is the case.

They are dime a dozen from corporate last I heard of. Simple order from management from back east.

KB0VWG

It could be 67 hz tone, This is what our walmart uses and also sams.
Just dont blame me for getting fired.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
What kind of radio did you buy to use at work? There's a decent chance you can tone scan with it. This is just me assuming you probably got a cheap import like a baofeng?

montana1975

some use tones . most dont ,,, rule of thumb to follow is dont key up if inside 1 mile radius and use different chan

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
When I go out doing fast food drive thru's (getting there frequencies) I also do Wal-Mart's & Target's. I find that Wal-Mart tends to not use a PL Tone. They are CSQ or No Tone. I've always found them in the 151 MHz Business Band and/or 154 MHz Business Band. If you transmit on there frequency and they don't hear you then one way to find there Tone (weather it be CTCSS or DCS) is by using a scanner or some sort of radio that will search the tone as they are transmitting. You can also like you said try each tone one after another if you have someone that has one of there radio's and will help you with that. Good Luck!!!!!

A

AI4LL

I used to work at Target PT. We had radios and scanners. Not everyone needed a radio. The shift lead would give radios mostly to the full time folks they considered key employees. Some nights I would get a radio some nights I wouldn't. I always like my no radio nights better

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

n1das

Walmart* years ago and back when in the days when it was WAL(star)MART used the Motorola XTN series VHF business radios. These radios included the MURS channels in addition to 22 other popular VHF business freqs. I don't recall what they used back when it was WAL-MART. The VHF XTN sereis radios are squeaky clean and legal as MURS radios today. They are grandfathered Part 90 equipment that meets requirements for MURS use. The XTN series was discontinued several years ago.

XTN series:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...adios/discontinued/xv2100.html#tabproductinfo

Lately I've been seeing RMM2050 MURS radios in use in Walmart* stores. I've also seen the display version used too (I forget the exact model). All of them that I've encountered at different Walmart* stores so far have been using DPL131 and DPL155. LOL, I also use DPL on MURS too.

RMM2050:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...-radios/rm-series/rmm2050.html#tabproductinfo

If I worked at Walmart* corporate and had any say in what radios the company should be using in their stores, I would steer them toward using Motorola Digital Lightweight Radio (DLR) series 900MHz digital on-site business radios and get away from using VHF MURS.

Motorola Digital Lightweight Radio (DLR) series, for on-site small business:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...business-radios/dlr-series-digital-radio.html

DLR1060:
https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...ies-digital-radio/dlr1060.html#tabproductinfo

I own a fleet of DLR1060 radios and they work EXCELLENT and outperform VHF MURS and GMRS/FRS handhelds. The DLR series will work the older DTR series radios. These radios have replaced my use of GMRS and MURS for local on-site simplex type use because they work so well. For Walmart* use, I would set up several Private talkgroups so that only Walmart* owned DLR radios will talk to and hear other Walmart* owned DLR radios. No other DLR radios or DTR radios outside the Private talkgroup will hear them or talk to them. No consumer grade receiver (i.e., scanner) will hear them at all due to FHSS and VSELP digital. These radios frequency hop across the entire 902-928MHz band and stay on any specific frequency no longer than 90 ms. Short of Motorola test equipment and 3-letter government agencies, they are practically unmonitorable. While not encrypted, they can be made VERY secure. They will coexist with other signals in the 902-928 band, making them hard to jam too. No consumer grade receiver (scanner) can hear them and unlikely that they ever will in the future.

I'm not surprised that Walmart* is (still) on VHF MURS. Walmart* might be Motorola's largest customer of the RMM2050 MURS radio. I suspect Walmart* was using 154.57MHz and 154.6MHz long before MURS was created.

Last edited:

12dbsinad

I've been seeing more and more Beofeng's at my local Walmart. Specifically the UV5R.

n1das

I've been seeing more and more Beofeng's at my local Walmart. Specifically the UV5R.

Yep. I've seen a couple of them too. If Walmart* only knew the kind of legal trouble they could potentially get into for using non-compliant radios if the FCC decided to act in response to complaints.

Last edited:

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I remember back in the day when Wal-Mart had FCC Licenses for the same frequencies in all 50 states. They've let those licenses expire a while ago. Florida was WNYF926, New York was WNYH621 and there's all the others. Good Times, Good Times!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.