Washington Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
How meny are there of us in the north end of Snohomish County that use scanners, dont just read the post lets sound off here and post.

AuntBee09

live on the eastside and use a Pro-91.
i listen to mostly local police, fire, and DOT. i also like picking up ham operators and wierd stuff like drive throughs, cordless phones, and so on.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
AuntBee09 said:
i listen to mostly local police, fire, and DOT. i also like picking up ham operators and wierd stuff like drive throughs, cordless phones, and so on.

sounds fun

charliefox

Hi! I live in Mt. Vernon and listen mostly to WSP while I commute. I do some part time security stuff and like to listen to the local police and fire to make sure they're not headed my way!

JimClark

Premium Subscriber
Seattle here but I am a newbee and still working on learning the programming. I plan on listening to Police, Fire, aircraft, Airshows and boat races and maybe hams and have a pro97

Jim Clark

olowy

I am in T-town (aka Tacoma) with my new uniden BCD396t. Mostly listen to law enforcement, fire, with some coast guard. Trying to listen to milcom and RR when I can, and always the Blue Angeles when they are in town. A downside is that I live in a low part of tacoma (elevation-wise), so not condusive to scanning. During the power outage I was at my in-laws who although live only 10 minutes away, live on a much higher elevation, and I was picking up stuff I never did before.

Last edited:

ac7nu

Hello all, I live in the Portland metro area but enjoy listening to Vancouver and Clark County. I lived in Federal Way back in 1991 and spent the better part of 4 years Dispatching for ems and local law. King County is a great place to live if you have the scanner bug!

Last edited:

AuntBee09

AuntBee09 said:

not "ham", i just figured out i'm listening to CB radio conversations. i don't know if scanners can even pick up ham radio?

ac7nu

Most scanners can and will pick up Ham radio.

You can use them to pick up 10m, 6m (vhf lo), 2m (vhf hi), 70cm (uhf) and 33 cm (900 mhz). among other bands.

Go to www.nwham.com for a list of repeaters in your area!

better yet grab a ham ticket now that the FCC dumped the code requirerments, Its alot of fun.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
So lets keep this going who else is new here, I have been into the C.B. radio scanning from about the late 60's my Dad got me into it, boy I have spent a lot of money on this radio stuff.

mstrmom

new Guy here

Got a Uniden 246 Christmas 2005. Still learning all the lingo with scanning and all that my 246 will do. I just about threw it across the room a couple times learning how to program manually, so I could learn. Now I have a program that makes it a lot faster and easier !!!
Listen mostly to the police and fire, and the transit system if it get boring............

wkm

Hello

First post obvioulsy. lol

I found my bc60xlt in a box after we moved. I plugged it in to find everything I used to listen to went to the trunking system. I don't think I has plugged it in since 03 or 04. I did some scanning and picked up some cab, tow truck companies and some police still on vhf that are over on the pennisula.
I wanted more action so I bought a pro-433 yesterday so I could listen to whats going on in the Everett-Lynnwood area.

wkm

DickH said:
The 433 is a good basic scanner and will be usable after re-banding. It is not the easiest scanner to program, but there are step by step instructions on this Yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO-433_scanners

Dick

Hello Dick
Yeah I just had a moment with the scanner. I hit some buttons and had half my trunk list scanning and non of the non trunking channels scanning.

The manual is definantly lacking. Luckily I can program a vcr. :)

I actually went to RS to get the 2055 and thought I had bought it. Then I got home and looked at it. Whoops I did some research before I was going to take it back. And now figure it was still a good purchase. I am happy with it since I can get my young son into scanning.
Missed the sale by a couple weeks though maybe they'll have another in the next thirty days. Then I use that to get a better antenna. hehe

Thanks for the link

manross

Hi guys,
I was visiting your state last week. My wife was offered a job, so I'll be retiring from my local police force and moving to the Mount Vernon area in a few months. Since everything is APCO 25 here in in the Colorado Springs area I have the Pro-96 and the Pro-2096. When I was visiting your area I was reminded that a 800mhz antenna just doesn't get it for the vhf band :) I'll have to get some new mobile and base antennas before I hook everything up at the new house. I also monitor HF and Milair. BCT15 for Milair and a Palstar 30 for the HF stuff. Can't wait to hear some good signals with them. See you guys soon !!

Marty

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Mt Vernon

Since you are moving to the Mt Vernon area I would also put in Whatcom County and the boarder patrol. I was up in that area last weekend, on a Sunday, and they get all kinds of stuff that happen in that area

Also I would put in BEOING test flight freqs.. I have them if you want them..

I live in the Lake Stevens area

Status
Not open for further replies.