What cable connectors do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I can't tell the size of the cable since there is nothing near it for scale. I did a search on the E number and found an eBay ad for 75 ohm TV cable. The other numbers on the jacket do not identify the cable type (at least not to me). If you say that the RG59 connector, which is intended for TV cable, is too small - then it could be an RG-8 size cable. But unless you can identify the cable or determine that it is intended for radio use, I wouldn't use it.

- John AC4JK

fire701

Feed Provider
What BNC Connector do I need

Thanks for answering me back.
I think by the tape I have on it it is a 1/4” wide. I attached a photo of the the antenna it is on for reference. I did see it on another part of the coax it is RG6 I attached a picture and the old BNC connector before we cut it. We are now going to use LMR 400 Ultra Flex 50 foot long from their back to the scanner when we get them hooked up with the right BNC Connector.

Attachments

• IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 49

Ubbe

18 AWG is 1.0 mm diameter of the innerlead and that's probably the biggest RG 6 cable. Normal is 0,8mm. But the shield is only double, not quad, so the outher diameter are probably not the largest one.

The F connectors are marked with one line, two, three or no line to be able to tell the four different sizes apart. I have no idea how they do it on the BNC connectors.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.