Where to buy your BCD996T Scanner, How much delivered and did you get it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

safetyobc said:
Let us know when you get it. That is a great deal. I'm not to sure I would have been brave enough to buy from a seller with such a low feedback number, but if you get the scanner, Congrats! You got a deal!

That's one advantage of paying with PayPal. They have a "Buyer's Protection Policy" that is very good. Maybe too good!

MacombMonitor

STiMULi said:
There is one eBay seller Selling for over $600 shipped :(

I am sure UNIDEN would like to know where that seller ($425) is getting his stock...

$600.00 for a BCD996T is no crime, when you look at Radio Shack trying to get almost $800.00 for a BCD396T! Good God!

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032072&cp=2032052&allCount=18&fbc=1&f=PAD%2FMemory+Channels%2F6000+Channels&fbn=Channel+memory%2F6000+Channels

As for the BCD996T going for $425.00, could be a situation where someone order one, and circumstances came up where they can't afford to keep it. I had something similar happen one time when I order two of something...one for me, and one for a friend. When I receive them, the friend(?) couldn't come up with the money. Things happen like that.

justdan

Ordered mine from Jeff at Ham Station in Evansville, IN on friday for $539. Looking forward to playing with my first scanner!!

(not trying to start a discussion on this, just wanted to give my thinking ...)
FWIW, I chose Ham Station instead of another slightly cheaper, higher volume dealer because of my understanding that HS is smaller and run by a few folks who are great to work with. These days when I have a choice, I like to give my business to the smaller guy ... especially now that we're in the age of the big box stores.

Cheers
Dan

Thayne

SBH Corp.

$524.00 Shipped; UPS ground; took 10 days total didn't ship for 3 days after ordering.

Got it yesterday

RoadWarrior

MacombMonitor said:
$600.00 for a BCD996T is no crime, when you look at Radio Shack trying to get almost $800.00 for a BCD396T! Good God!

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032072&cp=2032052&allCount=18&fbc=1&f=PAD%2FMemory+Channels%2F6000+Channels&fbn=Channel+memory%2F6000+Channels

As for the BCD996T going for $425.00, could be a situation where someone order one, and circumstances came up where they can't afford to keep it. I had something similar happen one time when I order two of something...one for me, and one for a friend. When I receive them, the friend(?) couldn't come up with the money. Things happen like that.

Up here in the Toronto area, with just 3 very small stores that sell scanners, 996T just arrived in stock and sells for C$800 (US$708) plus 15% tax, same price for 396T... scary... for those that cannot buy it directly from the States... sorry for them...
Chris in Toronto

justdan

My BCD996T was delivered today from Ham Station (my 1st scanner). Nice piece of hardware. By reading parts of the owners manual and some previous reading on these forums, I've managed to use the UASD to program the scanner and listen to an 800Mhz system in my area in very little time :) This is gonna be fun.

Good job Paul and all those at Uniden who created the scanner. I'm looking forward to a lot of listening ...

-Dan

JASII

Memory Capacity
Purchase

I just e-mailed Mutual Aid Supplies for a price quote. Does anybody here have any suggestions before I purchase? Any certain accessories that I need to buy at the same time?

K9GTJ

JASII said:
I just e-mailed Mutual Aid Supplies for a price quote. Does anybody here have any suggestions before I purchase? Any certain accessories that I need to buy at the same time?

You might want the USB cable for programming if you cannot use the included serial cable included. About everything else you need is included.

SCPD

QRT
The guys on Ebay selling them for $425 & saying they are "new" should raise some red flags in everyones minds considering Dealers like myself can not even get that scanner at that price.

My thoughts: They may be Reconditioned or returns that look new, most likely no warranty or limited warranty. Those units most likely came out of shipments that they bought from stores that customers returned them for various problems or they just simply wanted thier money back & the company wrote them off as a loss.

Most large Companies sell off thier returned products in pallets for pennies on the dollar. The scarry thing is you never know what you are getting or the history of the item in question. IE. water damage,misuse, etc. Or the Ebayer could have just found a blackmarket source overseas. Regardless of where he got them, it will be a shot in the dark to see if you actually get a good new unit with no problems. Why risk it? If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Something does not sound on the "up & up" about these guys on ebay selling them at that price.

This is just my 2 cents. Do with it what you wish.

JASII

Memory Capacity
USB Cable

Thank you for the replies. I have a BC796 now and it is sold, so I will be switching to a BC996. If I understand this correctly, I can use a USB cable, but it does not come with it. I assume that the USB cable will be compatible with the forthcoming BUTEL ARC996.

wrngnmbr6

Grove Enterprises...

I just bought 4 scanners in a week....I got my BCD396T & BCD996T from Grove Enterprises on June 29. I ordered only the day before and got in 1 day. It just so happens I live in the same state as Grove Ent. they were shipped UPS Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.