Whistler modified PRO668

586ED

Premium Subscriber
I sent my Whistler modified PRO668 in for repair. It was returned with note concerning the new download for programming/frequency updates. I attempted to download the whistler software but it will not down load and comes up with a screen that says the frequencies are updating. Anyone else having an issue like this on windows 10??

Last edited by a moderator:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I sent my Whistler modified PRO668 in for repair. It was returned with note concerning the new download for programming/frequency updates. I attempted to download the whistler software but it will not down load and comes up with a screen that says the frequencies are updating. Anyone else having an issue like this on windows 10??
What software did you download? There are many versions and for the modified PRO668 you need the WS1080 EZ Scan software. There are many people who use it on a regular basis without issues using Win 10.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I attempted to download the whistler software but it will not down load and comes up with a screen that says the frequencies are updating.

Just curious, if the software did not download, what are you using to load the frequencies? You need to Download the EZ Scan software select the frequencies and scanlists, then upload them to the SD card the scanner uses.

TAbirdman

Your issue is kind of confusing. You state that the you had troubles downloading the software. we assume to your PC? The rest of our issue sounds like issues with the scanner itself.

1) Did you download the WS 1080 EZScan software from whistler's website? Did it install and open ok?

2) if you had frequencies already on your Pro-668 SD card they should be still there. To update the library you need to copy the files from the SD card to EZScan. Best to use a SD card reader for this part.