Win 500 and Win 11

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Since I did the last couple of upgrades to my Win 11 my Win 500 won't load anymore.
I get a quick splash screen and then nothing.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
I guess Don Star is long gone from support so can't go there.
I have tried several compatibility modes with no luck.

Thanks

Ensnared

I am thinking of doing a Lazarus on my PSR 500. Where can this wonderful software be downloaded. I kept my key.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Over the years I've experienced different issues with each new OS version or sub-version. In one case it didn't like the data and I had to change settings to "allow" the data to be opened. Keep in mind this data is the (default) config WIN500 loads. More recently I ran into an issue where it couldn't find the COM port. It could be that you need a new driver for the cable. That's happened. In another case I had to switch to using WIN500_COM.exe which doesn't auto-detect the COM port. It's no big deal for me to set the COM port myself. I'm guessing Don must have had some issues in the auto-detect aspect and that's why the other exe was provided. In the end I usually program with an XP PRO machine anyway and leave WIN10/11 for Internet stuff (where I don't store anything important).

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Had same problem on Windows 10 & 11. It was my Bitdefender causing the problem. Solve it with this >> How to stop Advanced Threat Defense from blocking an app
I sure will look into this. I'm not using bit defender but I'm using windows security which could also be blocking.
Thanks for the tip.
Dale

Well I disabled app blocking on Windows Defender and it didn't help.
Darn I thought you were on to something.
The app tries to start shows for a second on the screen then just disappears.
Maybe me or someone else will figure it out some day.

Last edited: