Winter Storm Watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
NWS has issued a WINTER STORM WATCH for the greater Hot Springs area from Thursday afternoon until Friday. Possibility of up to a quarter inch of ice, and up to 3 inches of snow on top of that. Get ready folks this may get nasty!

safetyobc

Oh man, I sure hope it doesn't get bad down here in South Arkansas. I may be working double time with all the accidents!!!!

poppafred

They were saying western Arkansas was supposed to get 1/2" of ice but they have changed that with the latest update.

Basically, they have made their best guess and it isn't going to be pretty, regardless of which version you listen to.

safetyobc

The model keeps changing. Now they say that the cold air has moved in more quickly than the moisture. Maybe more ice? Boy o Boy I hope it doesn't get bad.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I got right now at 6:25 PM.. about a quarter inch of ice on ground and trees.. Snow is starting.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Now that it appears to be over... just over a quarter inch of ice.. about an inch of snow

bhowle

Such a beautiful day in Eureka Springs yesterday, Saturday, a high of 72. Working outside in my tee-shirt hauling more firewood up to the porch when I started receiving text messages about a winter storm on the way. What a bummer.

Spent today checking our generator in the event of a power outage and charging an extra battery for my fire department radio.

Bob Howle, K5RJH
Eureka Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.