• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

wouxun vs Puxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

duchee

i have done alot of research about these to radios and brands. 777 and WOUXUN KG-UVD1P. which one is better? which one will hold up longer? which one do you like better? thanks everyone. i thinking about getting the Wouxun cuz its dual band but i dont know enough about it. puxing is great i heard but confused. thanks everyone.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have both and they have their quirks. The Wouxun is better simply because its a dual bander. It also has much better audio quality and a hot receiver or a really good antenna.. The puxing 777 is a single band radio. Its not bad for the price but if I had to choose between them I would go with the Wouxun, especially now you can buy them in the US.

duchee

sound quality is a big plus. thank you so much for the honest opinion :) if i have any other questions i will ask! if you dont mind.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
I have had both the Puxing 777 and the 888 and I am so glad I got rid of them both to get my wouxun dual band.....much better all around

jamesa53

Be sure to get the USB cable so you can program it with the software, its only 10 dollars from radioshiop888. Much easier to program the thing with software. I really like my KG-UVD1P.

duchee

i found a great deal that came with the software and the cable. how user friendly is the program?

DODGEIT

duchee did you get yours thru Ebay and if so which supplier did you get it from. radioshop888 has a good price but if you found it for the same price and it came with the software and cable I would be interested.

thanks

N6EKF

where can you get them in the US??? I want one. My fellow ham got one last week 2mtrs-220 once it got programed..[a chore get the disk and usb cable] it works and he set his to cross bank through the base rig.

bglatour001

I would go for the Wouxon over the Puxing. After owning both, I personally found the KG-UVD1 way tougher than the P888. My P888 took a drop from my belt to packed gravel (I'm only 5'5) and now it transmits at about 1.8W on high. My KG-UVD1 took a blow from the roof of my car after forgetting it there and still works like it did out of the box.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Well I found out something more about the website. The U.S. Wouxun dealer is Ed Griffin, W4KMA - the owner of KMA antennas. He is a great guy and very reputable. So I would have to say that the website should not present any problems. The new radio they have released, the KG-UVD2 is priced at $107. Sounds like a very good deal.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I don't doubt the intentions of the site owner, I know from firsthand experience of the underhanded backdoor activities of those who like to place adware, malware and viruses. Since switching from McAfee to Norton last year (it's what Comcast provides with their service), it's the first warning of this type that I've received, and I do a lot of web surfing.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
I get warnings for and blocked access to, sites fairly often with Spy Sweeper. I got no such warning for the Wouxun site. I spend many hours perusing the internet as well, and have rarely had any issues as I've always used multiple protective programs. Never had to have a machine cleaned due to an infection. Be all that as it may, I have dealt with Ed in the past, as have many hams, through his KMA antenna company. So I guess it just comes down to what feels right for the individual.

N4ADE

Thats a false positive anyways it is know that certain virus scanners give a false positive for the programming software for those radios.
he is an awesome guy and well respected. besides that only list a single file as in bad sites have multiple files listed when searching on that.

im just waiting on the 3rd revision of it then i will probably buy 2 more of them one with 144/220 and one 144/440. I own a KGUVD1p 144/140 and am very happy.

KD8DVR

I have both and they have their quirks. The Wouxun is better simply because its a dual bander. It also has much better audio quality and a hot receiver or a really good antenna.. The puxing 777 is a single band radio. Its not bad for the price but if I had to choose between them I would go with the Wouxun, especially now you can buy them in the US.

I agree! The Wouxun is a GREAT radio! Ed at wouxun.us is great! I got my first one from China, then my second one from Ed. I got boith the 2m/440 and 2m/220 models... no 220 activity in my area.. but so waht... love the radios so much, I had to have two :)

The antivirus alerts on software are FALSE.... many folks have experienced this.... the software IS CLEAN...

Status
Not open for further replies.