• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG100P Vehicle Charger and Battery Eliminator

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for 2 accessories for my XG100P - a vehicle charger and a battery eliminator. I know Harris sells a vehicle charger, but right now I don't want to spend the $270. Does anyone have any experience with any of these items?

Thanks,

Jerry

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for 2 accessories for my XG100P - a vehicle charger and a battery eliminator. I know Harris sells a vehicle charger, but right now I don't want to spend the $270. Does anyone have any experience with any of these items?

Thanks,

Jerry
I think the Power Products Endura is just a touch over $100. Much better price!

-B

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber

That’s the best deal I’ve found for a new one. Note that this is the same as the regular charger, but you get an additional mounting plate and a shock cord retainer. Pretty simple and I but you could build something similar with a small metal break and some mild steel.

-B

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for charging the radio in the car in a pinch, not actually using it in the car. I did look at my desk charger and prc is right, it is 12 volts. I'm sure we could find the right coaxial power plug.

On the eliminator, I have found some online, but I don't want to take a chance to smoking my radio. I was hoping someone had bought one that they were happy with

- J

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for charging the radio in the car in a pinch, not actually using it in the car. I did look at my desk charger and prc is right, it is 12 volts. I'm sure we could find the right coaxial power plug.

On the eliminator, I have found some online, but I don't want to take a chance to smoking my radio. I was hoping someone had bought one that they were happy with

- J
Yes, any charger will work, and if you pick up a new battery from GTS, you can just keep one on the charger while you use the other, you could basically plug it in and throw it under a seat.

Most of the battery eliminators are designed for the lab, so they rely on an external power supply at 7.4 volts (if memory serves me right, that’s the 100P battery’s nominal output). So the eliminator is just a way to wire the radio to an external supply. So you need an eliminator, but also a regulator to regulate down to 7.4VDC.

If you are looking to have an emergency power supply for the radio, the easiest thing to do is buy the AA battery holder for the 100P and keep a big package of AA batteries in the trunk.

-B

prcguy

I found this the other day when I was searching around…
Was thinking about getting one for myself…

I looked at that one and don't like it because the cable exits the back and will cause problems if you lay the radio on its back which is typical in a car. It also exits low so if you stick your radio in a cup holder the cable will be a problem.

KC2TJS

They have a vehicle charger listed on EBay seller BaseSurplus for $99.99.