• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 problem will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
Wow. You sir are pretty much bottom feeding scum. Item reported.

x2

I wasn't sure how to classify the listing violation, but I managed to send a brief description of the situation to ebay. If you're going to scam fellow ebayers, at least make sure you use a different username. :D

mancow

Database Admin
How do we know he didn't buy more than one at the auction and this is just a working one?

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
How do we know he didn't buy more than one at the auction and this is just a working one?

Well then, this wording would indicate he can't use an XTS at all, "The Radio is being sold for parts/non working/repair because I have no battery and no charger to test it with."

How's he using the radio to try to program it then?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
He's never been 100% clear on what he's using.

I asked him to describe his programming setup and all I got back was that he can program an XTS3000 without problems.

Hard to help when he won't answer your questions.

Then again, after seeing his Ebay auction, why bother?

Wrench1

I got the radio to read. It is in inhibited mode. I was able to read the radio with RSS 15.00.00 but if I try and read it Depot 7.0 it says that the code plug is to new. is there any way to get past that?

Astrak

I got the radio to read. It is in inhibited mode. I was able to read the radio with RSS 15.00.00 but if I try and read it Depot 7.0 it says that the code plug is to new. is there any way to get past that?

Get a newer version of Depot. Also it might be appropriate to update your eBay listing stating what the problem is with the radio. Obviously by the posts you've made here you have the ability to test the radio.

Wrench1

I have heard that it may be possible to write a new code plug from scratch and load that into the radio?

XTS3000

Seeing as you outright lied on your eBay auction, your not likely to get much further help.

You already have the tools needed to fix that radio. That's all I'm going to say...........

ronenp

If you can get a codeplug wich you can read with the depot then you may program it to the radio .....

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
bigger question is why was it inhibited? could it be the agency didn't intend to surplus such a radio so early and noticed it was missing? since you claim to have bought it from a PD auction, give their radio shop a call. Something tells me they might be missing an XTS5000....

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Or.. He already programmed it for a trunked system and now got it inhibited and is using that story that he bought it from an auction " Like that" to get it uninhibited?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That was my concern as well.

Innocent until proven guilty however his Ebay stunt proves that he's not the most trustworthy individual.

With that in mind, I'd be cautious offering any further help.

Status
Not open for further replies.