Yaesu: Yaesu FT3R - Download recordings? (WAV File)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalSearch

Hi everyone... new radio user here. I was able to download the International Space Station SSTV to my Yaesu when it made a pass over my area. I have the recordings on my Yaesu, but I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to download the WAV file to my computer so I can decode the data.

When I plug in my radio to the computer, it doesn't display any drives and I'm now sure how to connect to the device to pull the data. I use the RT programming software, but that doesnt appear to have any ability to download the recordings.

Does anyone know how I can pull off the WAV files? I hope I don't have to use an external reader to get the data, that would be dissapointing.

Thanks everyone

k6cpo

Check the manual information about using the voice recording function starting on Page 49. That might help.

n9upc

The audio recording is in a WAV file so simply pull out the SD card and transfer it over to the computer.

I did this for those that took part on our Yaesu WiRES-X Santa net this year. When they checked into the next the QSO was recorded. As stated simply pop out the card, put in your computer, and click and drag.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I hope I don't have to use an external reader to get the data, that would be dissapointing.
Now that some of these handheld radios record directly, my results of SSTV captures are improved. I previously used my phone to record the audio and then decode SSTV using a paid app.

I use a Kingston FCR-MRG2 adapter. It is about the smallest MicroSD to USB adapter I have seen. I am not disappointed that I use a MicroSD card reader. Here are two images from a recent pass using the recorded wav file on the card.

SSTV20191229A.jpg SSTV20191229B.jpg

It would be nice if the Yaesu could play back the captured audio directly. My Kenwood D74A can play back the recorded files. Hint, Hint John.

n9upc

Now that some of these handheld radios record directly, my results of SSTV captures are improved. I previously used my phone to record the audio and then decode SSTV using a paid app.

I use a Kingston FCR-MRG2 adapter. It is about the smallest MicroSD to USB adapter I have seen. I am not disappointed that I use a MicroSD card reader. Here are two images from a recent pass using the recorded wav file on the card.

View attachment 79634 View attachment 79635

It would be nice if the Yaesu could play back the captured audio directly. My Kenwood D74A can play back the recorded files. Hint, Hint John.
Are you asking if it could playback what you just recorded over the air on the radio?

It can

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up because I then saw Log in the menu and remembered, as I last used it to review pictures using the camera mic. Looks like my brain needed the firmware update.

Thank you for the reminder and for the truckload of everything else you and the gang do from the hardware of course to the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.