Yale / Sky health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentd2183

Premium Subscriber
The 155.205 is on an old AMR tower in East Rock Park in New Haven CT. It went into service for when we would have a spare aircraft that didnt have the custom modification that allowed a Mototrbo radio to be tied into the aircrafts audio panel so we could still talk to dispatch using the Technisonic radio as it is not capable of having a Mototrbo radio system programmed into it. Northwell and Skyhealth are no longer on the One Voice network for our primary comms, there is a patch to the 155.205 through the console and the aircraft have both systems available to use if we are unable to reach the other.

SP101

Feed Provider
Thank you all! I was able to hear a transmission from Gulford while out and about. Still listening a little further East on the shore - we shall see!
I appreciate the group input!

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Northwell and Skyhealth are no longer on the One Voice network for our primary comms, there is a patch to the 155.205 through the console and the aircraft have both systems available to use if we are unable to reach the other.
What is the Primary system now?

cg

Premium Subscriber
There were some Northwell TGs on the system thread on NY forum. Perhaps try:

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
There were some Northwell TGs on the system thread on NY forum. Perhaps try:
What is the Primary system now?
Do you know the TG number ?

Unfortunately, if it is Northwell, they are probably encrypted as rumored in that thread. Alltho, I don't believe that Yale/Sky Helth is a part of the Northwell Helth System

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Lol, I stand corrected, thanks. Could it be possible that Sky Health has 2 choppers? One for Northwell Health and one for Yale/Hew Haven Health? unless @Brentd2183 has more information.

Anywho, maybe one of the 965x TGs on MRRS could be a patch from a noisy analog channel mentioned above?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Could it be possible that Sky Health has 2 choppers? One for Northwell Health and one for Yale/Hew Haven Health?
They have at least 2. Tail #'s N347MT and N247MT

1691715380802.png

9a46c6_bb6bdc4d55834db2a2736c00f9bc8731~mv2.png

SkyHealth is a joint venture between Northwell Health and Yale New Haven Health and available for any hospital in the New York or Connecticut region. Operated by Med-Trans

Med Trans, provides HEMS services to hospitals and medical centers through more than 50 bases across 18 states.
As of 2013 operates around 60 Bell 407s, EC 135s and EC 145s.
Part of AMGH (GMR from 2018)

Brentd2183

Premium Subscriber
Skyhealth 1 (N347MT) started in 2014 and is based in Long Island, staffed by Medtrans pilots and Northwell Medcrew. Aircraft is bought and owned by Northwell vs Medtrans. As previously discovered we are on the MTA MRRS and I couldn't tell you which TG but it is through Northwell CEMS. It's a joint venture between Northwell and Yale, so we do flights in NY, CT and RI. Transfers only on Long Island, we can do scenes in CT but too far away to actually do any, only about 7-8 scene flights since 2014 in CT. Transfers for the Northwell hospitals down in Long Island and transfers for the Yale system up in RI/CT. We also pair up with the Yale pediatric team for specialty flights.

We are busy enough now to justify a second aircraft so Yale through Medtrans has added their own aircraft (N253MT) Staffed by Medtrans pilots and Yale Medcrew. This is based at Bridgeport Airport in CT. We are dispatched and operated on the same MRRS system and TG. There is also an older VHF 155.205 PL 67.0 in East New Haven CT that is used as a backup in case we get out of range of the MRRS system going towards Eastern CT RI. It is patched and simulcasted at the console at CEMS. 99% of the time we are transmitting on the MRRS system in the aircraft.

N1SQB

Skyhealth 1 (N347MT) started in 2014 and is based in Long Island, staffed by Medtrans pilots and Northwell Medcrew. Aircraft is bought and owned by Northwell vs Medtrans. As previously discovered we are on the MTA MRRS and I couldn't tell you which TG but it is through Northwell CEMS. It's a joint venture between Northwell and Yale, so we do flights in NY, CT and RI. Transfers only on Long Island, we can do scenes in CT but too far away to actually do any, only about 7-8 scene flights since 2014 in CT. Transfers for the Northwell hospitals down in Long Island and transfers for the Yale system up in RI/CT. We also pair up with the Yale pediatric team for specialty flights.

We are busy enough now to justify a second aircraft so Yale through Medtrans has added their own aircraft (N253MT) Staffed by Medtrans pilots and Yale Medcrew. This is based at Bridgeport Airport in CT. We are dispatched and operated on the same MRRS system and TG. There is also an older VHF 155.205 PL 67.0 in East New Haven CT that is used as a backup in case we get out of range of the MRRS system going towards Eastern CT RI. It is patched and simulcasted at the console at CEMS. 99% of the time we are transmitting on the MRRS system in the aircraft.
Is MRRS monitorable here in CT ?
I’m not familiar with their tower or system set up.
Manny

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you go to the database, they have the sites listed. They should be monitorable from LI Sound/NY border areas. The network is Neighbors to CLMRN via ISSI so some traffic might be heard if you monitor those groups.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
As @cg has pointer out, the system is in database monitorable, how ever all of the Northwell (SkyHealth) tg's on the system are encrypted.

The network is Neighbors to CLMRN via ISSI so some traffic might be heard if you monitor those groups.

I did not see that mentioned on either system but see MTA has 2 tg's on CLMRN. Does anyone in CT monitoring CLMRN see any new/unknown tg's popping up on that system?

cg

Premium Subscriber
If those Northwell groups were allowed on the CT system via ISSI, they would only appear as random 65xxx TGIDs with random 1677xxxx UIDs. Those groups could be different later in a day.
I would think that the activity on the SkyHealth VHF link could be matched to activity on the MTA TRS regardless of encryption.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I’m not familiar with their tower or system set up.
Manny

I just recently found the system to be loud and clear full bars here in SE-CT listening to zone 1 site 21. Turns out all this time my G4 was programmed wrong for the system haha

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
If those Northwell groups were allowed on the CT system via ISSI, they would only appear as random 65xxx TGIDs with random 1677xxxx UIDs. Those groups could be different later in a day.
I would think that the activity on the SkyHealth VHF link could be matched to activity on the MTA TRS regardless of encryption.
For those who are in range of the VHF link and MRRS, I would suggest to focus on 9652-9655.

9650 - 9651 is very likely to be Northwell EMS Dispatch and Ops TG when they were simulcasting on the OneVoice Connect Plus just prior to moving off that system.

N1SQB

I downloaded the system from the database. Guess I never saw it because it’s in NY snd I focus mostly on CT systems.
That being said, I now have that system and a few others from LI in my SDS100/200 radios. So far, I’ve been able to monitor some systems but only if I’m outside on the porch. ( apartment dweller currently).
Being summer, I go down to the beach in Stratford CT and can hear everything from LI loud n clear. Let’s see what happens with the MRRS. Thanks for all the info guys..

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.