Windows 10 update and Sentinel not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpcolin

Hi everyone,
I had a windows 10 update today and now the Sentinel software will not open. It worked fine before, but after todays update nothing. I tried uploading the software from the scanner and from Uniden's website with no luck. Any suggestions will be helpful.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,
I had a windows 10 update today and now the Sentinel software will not open. It worked fine before, but after todays update nothing. I tried uploading the software from the scanner and from Uniden's website with no luck. Any suggestions will be helpful.

It works here with the Win 10 update today. Are you getting any error message?

cpcolin

It is giving me a message saying "BCDx36 Sentinel is already running. You cannot run it more than once."

troymail

Silent Key
See if this helps...

Press Control-Alt-Delete, select/start Task Manager and look to see if there are any instances of Sentinel in the running processes. If so, right-click on it and select End Task.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Use task manager to shut down Sentinel. It is already running.

cpcolin

I am not sure of the name of the update, I think it was for April, installed yesterday and I have started the computer many times.

troymail

Silent Key
What Win 10 update are you referring to? Have you simply restarted your computer?

I've seen many Windows 10 updates - one major one just in the last week or two... I'm seeing some minor "odd things" that could be related to the update (release USB device doesn't seem to work the same, etc.) or could just be me...

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I've seen many Windows 10 updates - one major one just in the last week or two... I'm seeing some minor "odd things" that could be related to the update (release USB device doesn't seem to work the same, etc.) or could just be me...

I've been keeping my Win 10 machine updated regularly to include the "Spring Creators", aka "April 2018" update recently issued. I've experienced no troubles with Sentinel or anything else that I can determine.

troymail

Silent Key
I've been keeping my Win 10 machine updated regularly to include the "Spring Creators", aka "April 2018" update recently issued. I've experienced no troubles with Sentinel or anything else that I can determine.

Without a doubt, everyone's system is unique.

The issue the user is having may or may not have anything to do with Win10.... hard to say.

mrkelso

The April Update has known bugs that they claim will be resolved by Sept of this year 2018. I have had my security cams stop working and software not working. Go to settings, click trouble shoot and go down to Program compatibility trouble shooter click it and follow the leads. Windows will fix some problems from here.

wbswetnam

On Sunday, I had a Windows 10 update on my desktop computer which COMPLETELY TRASHED Windows 10! I have since installed Linux on this machine. Unfortunately, I had ProScan installed on the computer, which is now lost. I will probably have to buy a new license when I install it on another Windows computer.

ipfd320

Banned
I Mentioned About Not Installing any New Updates in another Thread and Got Beat Up For Even Saying It--Well Look Whats Happening to People--Update 1508 Sucks

My Suggestion if it Might Work is to Create a Restore Point From Feb-2018 or Earlier (system Restore)--This Might Work---I Have a Window 7 and an Auto Update Shot in and Screwed my Machine Good---I Made a System Restore Date from 6 Months Eariler and it Worked---Now I Keep the Updates Off and Refuse to Install Any---Period

Good Luck---Windows 8 and Up Sucks---Bring Back XP

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I Mentioned About Not Installing any New Updates in another Thread and Got Beat Up For Even Saying It--Well Look Whats Happening to People--Update 1508 Sucks

Yes, and even if you set updates to be manually installed by the user or turn updates off completely, windows 10 still updates!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is possible that the update did something to the .NET installation. You can check to see which .NET versions are installed running powershell then:

$DotNetVersions = Get-ChildItem HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Updates | Where-Object {$_.name -like
"*.NET Framework*"}

ForEach($Version in $DotNetVersions){

$Updates = Get-ChildItem $Version.PSPath
$Version.PSChildName
ForEach ($Update in $Updates){
$Update.PSChildName
}
}

More info at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/do...ine-which-net-framework-updates-are-installed

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have the April update on 3 machines. The only issue is it reset my driver on my RTL-SDR (though I hear this is common and expected).

No issue with Sentinel at all.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The Windows 10 home version gives very little control over updates, and you cannot stop them completely as in earlier Windows versions. I had a couple of glitches, but reinstalling the programs and choosing "Install as administrator" worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.