• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB-DXers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

static-line

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know anything about CB Dxing? I live in SE Iowa and this morning I heard what I assumed to be CBers DXing. I don't live close to an interstate. There were folks talking to each other from GA, the Windy City(Chicago), Gangster City-I am not sure where that is-maybe Detroit, VA, PA, and NC. I was listening on a RS PRO-164 scanner with a telescopic antenna. I also tuned them in on an old Craftsman SW/AM/FM with CB. I had this on a longwire antenna and it seemed to have a little better reception.
They were heard on 27.025 from approx 0800-0912 Central time.
They IDd as;
Dr Right Off from Gangster city
Mr No Pity from VA
Sludge Hammer from the backwoods of GA
Slow walker from Pittsburg
Hardwater from the Carolinas.
I did hear one of them say something about dx.
I have heard them before but only assumed they were semis out on the interstate somewhere. Is this common? I thought CB only had at best a few miles of range.

2beers4me

Does anyone know anything about CB Dxing? I live in SE Iowa and this morning I heard what I assumed to be CBers DXing. I don't live close to an interstate. There were folks talking to each other from GA, the Windy City(Chicago), Gangster City-I am not sure where that is-maybe Detroit, VA, PA, and NC. I was listening on a RS PRO-164 scanner with a telescopic antenna. I also tuned them in on an old Craftsman SW/AM/FM with CB. I had this on a longwire antenna and it seemed to have a little better reception.
They were heard on 27.025 from approx 0800-0912 Central time.
They IDd as;
Dr Right Off from Gangster city
Mr No Pity from VA
Sludge Hammer from the backwoods of GA
Slow walker from Pittsburg
Hardwater from the Carolinas.
I did hear one of them say something about dx.
I have heard them before but only assumed they were semis out on the interstate somewhere. Is this common? I thought CB only had at best a few miles of range.

Ahh, what you are hearing is referred to as "The Superbowl" AKA channel 6. It's just one huge keydown, and pile up of people talking with insane amounts of power. DX is very common on CB. You could DX with a legal radio if you had the right antenna , and conditions. Right now the type of DX that you are hearing is called sporatic E. It usually occurs between the summer months May-August.

DirtyLarry

You could DX with a legal radio if you had the right antenna , and conditions. Right now the type of DX that you are hearing is called sporatic E. It usually occurs between the summer months May-August.

However, that would be illegal since Dxing on CB is against FCC regulations. 250 miles is the maximum legal limit that you can communicate in the USA. If you want to legally work Dx get your ham license. You can even legally run power with a ham license.

mike_gain

Get your HAM ticket, listen on CB for DX, go to 10 meters and have a BLAST. It's a BIG band and you can work FM repeaters also.

cpuerror

I have been listening to 25.025 for years. I have not heard one intelligent, understandable thing said during this entire time. On the plus side, that guy that used to go "Audddddiooooooo... Auuuddiioooooooooooooo" for hours on end seems to either stopped or is doing it much less.

Net-5

I have been listening to 25.025 for years. I have not heard one intelligent, understandable thing said during this entire time. On the plus side, that guy that used to go "Audddddiooooooo... Auuuddiioooooooooooooo" for hours on end seems to either stopped or is doing it much less.

Small world... I used to hear the same guy (or an imitator) in Oregon. He had some kind of special effects box wired in that would make his voice echo. And He'd say "audddddiiiioooooo..." for hours on end, just as you described.

Ah yes, the wonderful world of CB... (wink)

Astrak

Small world... I used to hear the same guy (or an imitator) in Oregon. He had some kind of special effects box wired in that would make his voice echo. And He'd say "audddddiiiioooooo..." for hours on end, just as you described.

Ah yes, the wonderful world of CB... (wink)
Yep used to hear the same thing in Nebraska.

I heard that guy, or someone else doing it earlier this evening. Whoever it is has too much free time.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Some people just give me the chuckles.
"I have been listening to 25.025 for years. I have not heard one intelligent, understandable thing said during this entire time."
Then WHY are you listening? Oh I know, something from The Wall album by Pink Floyd explains it. "...and the worms ate into his brain."
Thanks, you just made my day. (;->)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
listening to 25.025 for years....might cause a "cpu error" (yuk,yuk)
...had to do it!...

Status
Not open for further replies.