v scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello is there a way for me to put back in the original vscanner #17 for delaware for the gre-500 i deleted quite awhile ago and would like to put it back i see on the cd that came with the scanner that it has a list of all the original v scanners i just dont know how to put this back in i do not use any software. thank you if any one can help me on this.

R

retiredmich

Did you by any chance save it when you programed it in your scanner?

R

retiredmich

frank125, this may help you

These scanners have two types of memory storage. Main memory and V-Scanner memory. Main memory is what you see and use when you turn on the scanner. V-Scanner memory is used to store complete copies of your scanner's main memory including objects, 'Global Settings' and dedicated search configurations. The V-Scanner menu will allow you to store, load, and name up to 21 'Main Memories'. Handy if you have a lot of systems for several different areas. This can also be useful if you want to store or 'backup' your current memory 'as is', then try different settings for improvement. If the settings don't work, you can reload your previous memory.

There is a program on the CD that comes the PSR models to re-install your V-Scanner folders if you happen to delete them and updated V-Scanner folders here at GRE. You can download and install updated V-Scanner folders for the Pro-106/651/197/652 here

frank125

thanks ronnie usa now how do i put them back into my scanner really only interested in 1 folder jusy dont know how to put this back into my 500 thank you

jrmorrison

I have the same problem. When I loaded memory of my WS1040 with WIN500 it wrote over the memory as it came from the factory. I am not sure I completely understand the V-Scanner folders, but I believe I have to replace what was there before I added by TSYS, TGRPs and CONVs. I have loaded the folders with link above and have downloaded them. But I cannot figure out how to use WIN500 to get them into my scanner. I want to select that when I am away from my home area so I can receive whatever is in the area. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.