Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull66

i just bought myself a uniden bc72xlt i'm trying to get the codes i live in riverview new brunswick can anyone help me with this please i'm new to the scanner.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
i just bought myself a uniden bc72xlt i'm trying to get the codes i live in riverview new brunswick can anyone help me with this please i'm new to the scanner.

You can start here.

http://www.marscan.com/

Some of the stuff is a little out of date there but the RCMP stuff is good. The trunking systems there are a bit screwy and confusing the last time I looked.

One problem you will have with that model is the carrier will remain active on the Indian Mountain RCMP repeater for long periods of time with no voice activity. You will need at least something like the SC230 from Uniden or something else that has CTCSS to make it only open the squelch on your scanner when somebody is transmitting. Other wise you will need to keep hitting the scan button to make it move on.

Something with at least analog trunking would be nice too as several systems including Fire and the like in Moncton are are on trunking systems.

This is the URL for the RR database on NB:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=104

If you have anymore questions come back. I can help a fair bit as that is my home stomping grounds and I travel there quite often. With any luck some folks who are there will help you here too.

Good luck

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber

I also just noticed that you posted in the Western Canada forum. You will find more folks in the Eastern Canada forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.