BCD996XT will not receive in ID Scan Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan7777

Hello All,

I need a little help here with my BCD996XT scanning Hoosier Safe-T P25 in "ID scan" mode.

It's been a while since I've used this scanner - or any scanner for that matter - and came back to it after the switch over from Motorola to P25 standard. Everything was fine when they were still using Motorola.

I'm using ARC-XT Pro to program my scanner. I have all the frequencies from two local towers programmed in with both of them giving full bars of reception along with some local TG's of interest programmed in decimal, with decimal mode set in the software.

The problem I am having is that the scanner never picks up any TX from these TG's which should be active enough that I should hear something. But when I have the scanner in "ID search" I get whatever other traffic is on the system. The call signs they are using and other "indicators" don't sound like what I am expecting from the TG's I am interested in.

I have pulled the bandplan over from the scanner and compared it to the software's defaults and everything looks the same. I'm going on the assumption that the software bandplan is correct since its the latest version. Plus I don't think I'd get anything during ID search if this were wrong.

I don't think the TG's I'd like to listen to are encrypted, at least not full time, nor does the database show them as encrypted.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is! The software is nice because this radio is a PITA to program without it as you probably already know.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Ryan7777

Fix it, somehow

Never mind. I just paid the $15 which helps keep this place running and it fixed whatever was going on.

I've glanced through most of the settings and I didn't see any difference in what I had set and what the database data had configured. But as I say it, was just a glance and obviously there was something not set right when I set it up manually.

Still would appreciate any thoughts on what it might have been. Helpful for understanding my expensive box of electronics.

Thanks.

-Ryan

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Without seeing how it was specifically (mis)programmed, really tough to know.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Never mind. I just paid the $15 which helps keep this place running and it fixed whatever was going on.

I've glanced through most of the settings and I didn't see any difference in what I had set and what the database data had configured. But as I say it, was just a glance and obviously there was something not set right when I set it up manually.

Still would appreciate any thoughts on what it might have been. Helpful for understanding my expensive box of electronics.

Thanks.

-Ryan

You can not import from this site using Win9X ARC or ProScan or FreeScan without being a premium member. Hence you had NOTHING imported from our DB to your scanner before that. Now your a premium member and your data imports will work. Only way around that is if you run an HP model and use Sentinel as that is not dependent on an membership here. Otherwise you will have to manually c/p etc :) I think the new EZ Scan DB for the Whistlers also avoids the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.