New York Yankees new radio license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I happened to see that the Yankees were just issued a new License back in august. The frequencies were listed in the 400's. The call sign is WQJD712. Does anyone happen to know anything about these new frequencies and what each one is used for? Is a new radio system included with the stadium project?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It says on the bottom of the page,
Eligibility
90.35A1 - Radios used to coordinate activities
And if units means the number of radios, then it looks like they are getting
400 3.0 watt portables and 1 8.0 watt base unit.. 12 channels

Their other call sign, KNNR463 which expires 2011, shows them having 1 25.0 watt base and 40 4.0 watt 3 channel portables..

Do those devices they use to take food orders transmit in the 400 MHz range??

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
So you think that these frequencies may be used for food orders? Since there are 12 channels I wondering if some of them are used for operations, security, food service etc. Looks like the frequencies are going to be used when the new stadium opens.

Last edited:

ecps92

Most likely for operations of the Stadium.
Security, Maintenance, Public Releations, EMS etc

11K0F3E emission doesn't look like Data

Anyone have a source for all these emissions types to add to a Wiki

I happened to see that the Yankees were just issued a new License back in august. The frequencies were listed in the 400's. The call sign is WQJD712. Does anyone happen to know anything about these new frequencies and what each one is used for? Is a new radio system included with the stadium project?

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Oh I SO hope M/A Com can sell the Steinbrenner's an Open Sky system.... :D GO SOX!

What do you mean a source of all these emissions???

He means the emission designator type, as he shows in his message (11K0F3E), and what dictates the type of modulation used on the licensed frequencies.

ecps92

I hear the State of New York might have one available for Cheap Money, considering all the $$ George's kids are spending this year.

Oh I SO hope M/A Com can sell the Steinbrenner's an Open Sky system.... :D GO SOX!

He means the emission designator type, as he shows in his message (11K0F3E), and what dictates the type of modulation used on the licensed frequencies.

dtscho

Database Admin
The Yankees' new radio system is LTR PassPort (scanners can monitor but can't track). Confirmed on Saturday at stadium. That's a shame, as it was very busy, and many talkgroups could have been identified if it was a regular LTR system.

The license should have a radio service code of YG, instead of the current IG.

Dave

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
The give-a-way to me was the lack of PL/DPLs and no data channel. I did also pick-up some vender chatter on several biz-band freqs. I stood near the head of security in an area next to the visiters dug-out while waiting for the home opener to end. The radio in his hand looked very "plain-jane" like most security units. He never talked in to it so I could not "make-it". Our new 5-watt digital portable omini-directional micro wave [2 Ghz} made the trip from the first base line to our reciever at the Empire State building for our post game live shots.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If anyone can correct the Yankees entry for the wiki, that would be appreciated, especially with this new LTR system Dave seems to have found. At least the freqs can be entered into the DB and the extensions can be used to pull them -

NY Sports - The RadioReference Wiki

the data here is evidently old. 73 and thanx...Mike

MeMongo

Yankees

Can someone post a link to the Steinbrenner Field frequencies or post them.
I own season tickets there for 8 yrs and have a BCD 396XT.

Thank You

one11sgt

The NYPD uses TAC F 485.4375 for security at the stadium. It is not repeated so you have to be close.

MeMongo

I have season tickets for the past 8 year at Steinbrenner Field and was looking for those frequencies but I would like to thank you for your response.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.