DSD OnQue (NXDN NEXEDGE 4800) Windsor Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
So I'm playing with the sdr dongle & dsd+ since I'm snowed in anyway ,.. trying it out on the OnQue NXDN network , it seems to be working, although it has a little harder time decoding audio than standard dmr & I am seeing tons of radios on the system watching the control channel , However I also see lots of error no sync /tb CCdata error etc , Does anyone know if that is normal for this type of system with DSD? or is there a setting I should be changing ? it seems to work ok I just see a lot of those errors scrolling by though so was wondering about them , I suspect there are going to be a lot of unlisted tgids in the system , Im trying to find them as might pick up a trx -1 in the future

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
What is your source software? FMP? SDR#? Do you have the proper bandwidth selected?

Its sdr# & dsd+ I think the bandwidth in sdr# was at 8000 I haven't played with it in over a year Its all pretty old I don't even know what FMP is ,..

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Its sdr# & dsd+ I think the bandwidth in sdr# was at 8000 I haven't played with it in over a year Its all pretty old I don't even know what FMP is ,..

- DISable "Filter Audio"
- Set bandwidth to perhaps 4000-4500 (8000 is too wide for NXDN48)
- Make sure your audio levels aren't too high (clipping)
- Make sure you are centered on the signal when looking at the waterfall

Mike

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
ok the thing is when i adjust bandwidth ,..it seems to automatically go back to 8000 the setting doesn't stick for some reason ,..

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ok the thing is when i adjust bandwidth ,..it seems to automatically go back to 8000 the setting doesn't stick for some reason ,..

Yeah disable that stupid Band Plan thing . Otherwise, it'll switch modes (and thus bandwidths) as you move throughout the spectrum. It's just a simple checkmark or tow to disable it.

if you still have problems after that, post raw audio -- use "r" to record raw audio to a file from within DSDPlus. Do that when there is some actual activity. Then upload it somewhere that we can then download it from so we can tell you what is going on.

mike

DaveH

Signal is interrupted at times by DMR interference. Even when it's not, still see a few errors. Audio at that point looks a bit low on the scope. Need to play with RF gain, BW etc. as suggested. Maybe try better antenna.

Dave

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
ok trying all suggestions out it seems to be decoding better now , Im using a very cheap usb dongle , but it does seem to work , the system is much busier during the day , but i dont get a chance to monitor it so ill keep at it & get it the best i can with what I have , & then maybe i can start logging those ids , One thing i do notice about this system is it shows what is I guess the names people must program in their radios , like when I was hearing snowplows talk I saw besides the tgid & radio id in brackets it said [SaltDog] lol

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah that's one nice feature of NXDN... the radio aliases are sent over the air. Make ID'ing new groups sometimes easier.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Also some groups are using GPS positioning over that way too. If you are seeing LRRP entries then you'll be able to use the LRRP program to display their position.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
getting alot of good decode now & interesting control data , Im considering one of those fancy metal shielded sdr now , i dont know if I would want this as my main method but what an amazing wealth of info about the systems you get

Status
Not open for further replies.