TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Dorf411

The following note came from one of my users:

I just uninstalled the google play music update and your test page is now working. I guess the play music update is the problem. I installed it back to the original factory setting.

The update seemed to be the problem.

Thanks for your help.

+1 to this too, a local user that had similar problems did the same. He uninstalled google play music update and corrected the problem. Also FWIW the Handcent SMS app was a suitable solution as well. Thanks for all the help on this forum.

joey9797

Feed Provider
I have Two Tone detect setup and working, the only question is that is waits 1:20 seconds of audio before it emails it out and the page is normally done by the :20 second mark but I have it set to :30 just to be sure, any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have Two Tone detect setup and working, the only question is that is waits 1:20 seconds of audio before it emails it out and the page is normally done by the :20 second mark but I have it set to :30 just to be sure, any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

You probably need to adjust your Audio Squelch Threshold using the slider on the main screen. When there is no radio traffic, you should see "No Audio" on the main screen. When there is radio traffic, you should see frequencies being displayed. If there are frequencies being displayed all the time, move the slider to the right until you see "No Audio" during silence.

Andy

jackdanls1

I thought I seen a discussion in the past in reference to Straight Talk phones. I have tried two gateway emails and I have had no luck. Is it possible or not to use TTD on Straight Talk text?

Thanks,
John

asmith136

Question on the Audio Output Device. I have this set to 1 in the config and when anything is received on the channel it plays in the speakers. I thought it would only play when the correct tones are detected? I have tried this on 3 windows XP boxes and all do the same. I am running V58 right now.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Question on the Audio Output Device. I have this set to 1 in the config and when anything is received on the channel it plays in the speakers. I thought it would only play when the correct tones are detected? I have tried this on 3 windows XP boxes and all do the same. I am running V58 right now.

You probably have that input playing through the speakers in the Windows sound mixer. You need to mute it through Windows, and then the program will play only when a page is received. As it is now you may hear an echo in the audio after a page is received as both Windows and the program play it, but the program will have a slight delay.

Andy

gmbaker13

Feed Provider
You probably have that input playing through the speakers in the Windows sound mixer. You need to mute it through Windows, and then the program will play only when a page is received. As it is now you may hear an echo in the audio after a page is received as both Windows and the program play it, but the program will have a slight delay.

Andy

One of the problems with the detection of the tones is the sound cards in our computers do not receive the sound that well so we have to adjust it until we find the correct one that will work, like my tone setting should have been 2465 but for it to work on the on this system I had to change it to 2462 hz then it would work. It is not the computer software it is the sound cards we are using in our computer.

snig64

Remote tones = 60

What happens if the hosting website is down for several hours? Is there a cached copy or does is 60+ minutes everything null and void?

DC31

Feed Provider
Remote tones = 60

What happens if the hosting website is down for several hours? Is there a cached copy or does is 60+ minutes everything null and void?

If the program is not able to retrieve the remotely hosted file for any reason, it will revert to using the local tones.cfg file that is in the same directory as the program. If it is able to retrieve the remotely hosted file, it will overwrite the local tones.cfg file with the information that was retrieved remotely and this new information will then be stored locally.

k7nbc

Feed Provider
Options Request

Andy,

Thank you for adding the version of the program at the top of the program tab,

Can you also add a title label in the config menu to add a Name to that tab,

Example now it has Two ToneDetect v65

Config menu Title : Fire Paging or EMS Paging or County Paging

then it would show right after Two ToneDetect v65 Fire Paging

When I run multiple sound cards in a machine for each feed it would be nice to tell which program
goes with each feed, instead of just knowing the sound card input.

Also in the Editor Program , can you enable mouse Right click copy and paste.
right now you have to use keyboard short cuts <CTRL> C or V

thanks

Chris

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Andy,

Thank you for adding the version of the program at the top of the program tab,

Can you also add a title label in the config menu to add a Name to that tab,

Example now it has Two ToneDetect v65

Config menu Title : Fire Paging or EMS Paging or County Paging

then it would show right after Two ToneDetect v65 Fire Paging

When I run multiple sound cards in a machine for each feed it would be nice to tell which program
goes with each feed, instead of just knowing the sound card input.

Also in the Editor Program , can you enable mouse Right click copy and paste.
right now you have to use keyboard short cuts <CTRL> C or V

thanks

Chris

I agree. This would be very helpful.

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
You can add that info in the field that is sent to your phone. We added phone numbers for the responder software that Andy developed. So when the message comes it includes the phone numbers our FF's dial to let dispatch know they are responding. It's pretty slick. And from a smartphone they can dial right from the text screen. If you add the URL for your online scanner they will be able to click on the highlighted link. It comes thru like this:
PFD Disp 860-xxx-xxxx Station_ 860-xxx-xxxx Scene Page Received at 18:00:29 on 01/07/14

I was wondering what the responder software was that lets dispatch know whos responding? Thanks

FireTTD

I was wondering what the responder software was that lets dispatch know whos responding? Thanks

Our control panel will allow users to be prompted if they are responding to a call or not. And then when a member responds that they are attending the call, that prompt is recorded, and delivered back to our system, where it can then be delivered further to someone (aka dispatch, chief, etc) either via SMS or email.

We are expecting to launch our beta system later this week.

Best,
Mike
FireTTD

aaknitt

Feed Provider

I think silfam was referring to this:

https://sites.google.com/site/radioetcetera/home/callinsystem

This is a way to set up your own call-in system for free, but it requires some technical know-how.

What Mike is referring to is a commercial service that he's starting soon that includes a number of features, including a call in system. There are several commercial call-in systems on the market today.

Andy

ejd91717

Premium Subscriber
External commands

Andy,

Is there any chance of getting a few variables added to the external command options? Mainly recording file name, description field and the name of the temporary wave file? I'm currently using 65c on the raspberry pi

Thanks for the great software!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,

Is there any chance of getting a few variables added to the external command options? Mainly recording file name, description field and the name of the temporary wave file? I'm currently using 65c on the raspberry pi

Thanks for the great software!

Those are all available:

Enter [d] to insert the current Tone Description, enter [mp3] to insert the mp3 filename, [amr] to insert the AMR filename, [wav] to insert the WAV filename (all paths relative to program directory)

Andy

KF5ALO

Hi all,

I am trying to get fivetonedetect to work. I have the file downloaded and extracted to the desktop, ffmpeg.exe is in the main folder for it. When I start the application the window comes up and then it closes. When I run the debug one it opens and runs some code and then that window closes. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks!