Grand Traverse County to join MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
As these are transitioning to P25, please take note of the corresponding VHF analog frequencies that are going silent as well.

Those too can be submitted and/or noted here.

N8CAM

They are still using the vhf freq's. They are simulcasting from 800 to vhf and vise versa. Some of the city cars are on highband as well as a few state cars yet. You can tell when the state cars are on high band cause you can hear the pattern of their bubble in the radio...

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Also, if the fire departments are keeping their dispatch on VHF, watch for those old police VHF frequencies to be "re-purposed" as fireground channels, such as what Calhoun and Kalamazoo Counties did.

That VHF spectrum is like gold right now, and once you give it up, you'll not likely get it back.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't want to digress much from this thread but drdispatch is correct as sometimes they do. They did that as well in Bay county,
Drdispatch are those freqs you mention in the database currently? If not, well you know what to do hehe submissions. :)

JustOneMan

Rumor is once the system is fully operational in 800MHz, the VHF system will be disbanded (at least the repeated channels). Most ground operations will be on 8Tac/7Tac channels, at least on fire operations).
Some TGs I was able to confirm this morning:

14028 - 28METRO
14029 - 28RURAL
14030 - 28SPEV1
4328 - 28GTFG1
4329 - 28GTFG2
4330 - 28GTFG3
14098 - 28RFIR

Will submit to DB admin. Happy hunting!

JustOneMan

FYI, GT will be paging on 800MHz, so you may find two talkgroups with the same dispatch traffic. Example: 14065 might be Metro station 10/11 "paging" talkgroup, while 14028 is the actual working talkgroup. From what I understand, the paging talkgroups only activate for initial dispatch, then stay silent. The fact that the talkgroup activates is what "trips" the pagers.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I don't want to digress much from this thread but drdispatch is correct as sometimes they do. They did that as well in Bay county,
Drdispatch are those freqs you mention in the database currently? If not, well you know what to do hehe submissions. :)

Yep, they're in there. :wink:

n8pzy

Premium Subscriber
Bcd436hp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

JustOneMan

I'm not hearing anything on Adam 2 or Adam 3 this morning, but I can hear law traffic on 800... I'm guessing they just dropped the patch to those channels.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Looking for any updates, are all the fire departments digital now, are any of the VHF fire frequencies listed here- Grand Traverse County, Michigan (MI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
active as yet and/or is paging currently still done on VHF? It was mentioned earlier about paging on the digital.

If they are not active we can set these at least to deprecated status in the database.
What I found are these listed:

Also how about North Flight VHF or are they just on MPSCS for Grand Traverse? My suspicions are, they are on MPSCS only and not VHF, but I'm not local to be certain.

Finally is the Road Commission using Mototrbo now? I see mototrbo listed:
WPDJ817 (GRAND TRAVERSE, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

If you see anything to fixed missing etc. Let us know so we can fix the database as it user generated! :cool:

JustOneMan

FYI, all fire/EMS VHF patches will be taken down on Monday. However, VHF channels will still broadcast tones *only* for in-station alerting, no voice (temporary until station alerting equipment is updated).
All fire personnel have been assigned portables and the mobiles are still getting installed. They have been asked to use the 800 as much as possible rather than the VHF system.
Adam 6 will still have the ability to be patched on demand for interop with outlying counties, but will otherwise remain unpatched. VHF repeaters will still continue to be monitored in dispatch.

Finally, Adam 2 and 28COM will remain patched for some time since there are a lot of auxiliary base stations that aren't getting replaced with 800MHz radios.

N8CAM

Sounds to me like they quit paging on VHF totally and now on the 800 Paging.. High band is rarely used but the repeaters are on the air.

n8pzy

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have info on talk group 14065?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

n8pu

GeneseeCoMI

Not sure if this is where I should ask this question but since this thread is about GT County and that is where I live, Just today I noticed two new to me ID's show up on my BCD996P2 scanner that after searching this page, Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies They came back unknown, they are, 14038 and 4400. Is there a data base anywhere else that is the 'mother load' of data bases? Thanks, Dave N8PU

It's spelled mother lode and this site is the best source of scanner information on the Internet. But keep in mind it's not an official list, it's user submitted, and since Grand Traverse County just joined the MPSCS a few months ago, some talkgroups haven't been identified by us listeners yet.

XkenjiX

As an update note...
On my scanner currently
I have not noticed anyone,
talking on 155.7000
That used to be the dispatch ch.
for TC. I think the city will be going digital
or trunked; please someone que me in.

Thanks!

GeneseeCoMI

As an update note...
On my scanner currently
I have not noticed anyone,
talking on 155.7000
That used to be the dispatch ch.
for TC. I think the city will be going digital
or trunked; please someone que me in.

Thanks!

They already did a few months ago. Their MPSCS dispatch talkgroup is 14025. The fire department has switched too. Their MPSCS dispatch talkgroup is 14027. You'll need a digital scanner to listen if you don't have one already. There's several more talkgroups for the county police, fire and EMS agencies in the database too at the MPSCS database page. Scroll down to the Grand Traverse County section for them and the Statewide Aeronautical Medical talkgroup section for North Flight's.

Last edited:

XkenjiX

Ouch!

I'm actually bummed!
I was hoping, I'd not have to go digital yet.
I mean them suckers are well over 100$ at cheap. I grew up with a police scanner going in the house. I do appreciate you braking it to me.
I may be able to sell my non-digital scanner in time; I hope. No sense in owning one if, everything up here went digital. One thing I will pass along as a token of my thanks.
{Leland PD- 155.250 still works for now.}
As well as a close call feature my scanner hha this. I can pick em up, but let's face it; your right I don't hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.