New Oregon State Radio Project TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
All,
I’m trying out Phase 2 on my new Unication G4 to see if I can receive Phase 2 P25.

It works perfectly on PPB, MCSO, and PDX PD Airport TG’s on Phase 1 using West Simulcast tower of Portland P25 system.

I’m located on direct East lower slope of Mt. Tabor just using integrated Unication G4 antenna indoors, so far.

I tried WCCCA P25 P2 System C-COM TG’s using Gales Peak and Goat Mt. sites, but out of range occured.

So now I’m trying Oregon State Radio Project System Phase 2 Portland OSP Portland Dispatch 1 and 2 and Lifeflight TG’s on Portland Simulcast site (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8010&siteSort=county#sites), but not yet hearing anything.

I’m pretty sure I’ve got the programming correct. Is there much traffic on Oregon State Radio Project TG’s 38111 OSP Portland DISP and 38112 OSP Portland DISP 2?

I’ve got full bars of signal on the OSRP Portland Simulcast site.

Thanks,
ScottPDX

Last edited:

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing activity on the OSP TG 38111 today. I'm on the other side of Mt. Tabor with an SDS100.

Alright. I’ll give it more time then. I only listened for about an hour of silence before switching back to Portland P25 system - West Simulcast.

On another topic to a Mt. Tabor neighbor: How is the SDS100 working for you with regard to LSM Simulcast distortion? I ask because I’m interested in buying one. Specifically on the Portland P25 system with the West Simulcast site. Are you using just the built-in antenna, or an outdoor antenna setup?

Thanks,

ScottPDX

jeb2942

Feed Provider
Try these different sites: Mt Hood 769.16875 cc, Portland Simulcast 770.44375 cc or Newberg/Bald Peak 771.91875 cc they are all working fine tonight for me.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Try these different sites: Mt Hood 769.16875 cc, Portland Simulcast 770.44375 cc or Newberg/Bald Peak 771.91875 cc they are all working fine tonight for me.

Hello jeb2942,
I will try those. Your suggestion brings me to another question: I see you list just one frequency for each suggested site to try. With this being my first attempt at the Oregon State Radio Project, the Portland Simulcast lists all channels as Primary CC’s (in color red), with no secondary CC’s or non-CC frequencies listed.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=26043

I am used to programming in just the primary and secondary CC’s when configuring. Do I chose just one of the listed primary CC’s in this particular case? Why aren’t there secondary CC and non-CC’s listed for this particular Portland Simulcast site?

I am wanting to understand what to do when a site is listed with multiple Primary CC’s only.

Thanks,
ScottPDX

jeb2942

Feed Provider
There can only be 1 primary control channel active at any one time. The ones I listed are the current primary control channels all the others are currently secondary control channels. OSRP does change the primary control channel on occasion so I enter all the frequencies when programming.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
There can only be 1 primary control channel active at any one time. The ones I listed are the current primary control channels all the others are currently secondary control channels. OSRP does change the primary control channel on occasion so I enter all the frequencies when programming.

Okay. So I have been doing it correctly by entering all the CC’s in, even though RR lists them all in red as Primary CC’s. I also have the one you suggest in with the others, but not first in my programmed list. So I guess I’ll just keep listening. Is the audio traffic on the 38111 and 38112 TG’s rare and occasional, or busy and often?

ScottPDX

KC7VH

Alright. I’ll give it more time then. I only listened for about an hour of silence before switching back to Portland P25 system - West Simulcast.

On another topic to a Mt. Tabor neighbor: How is the SDS100 working for you with regard to LSM Simulcast distortion? I ask because I’m interested in buying one. Specifically on the Portland P25 system with the West Simulcast site. Are you using just the built-in antenna, or an outdoor antenna setup?

Thanks,

ScottPDX

The SDS100 is working great for me. I've only noticed issues if the scanner tries to decode on a site I don't receive very well (like PCC or Forest Heights for example.) If I lock it on the West Simulcast it performs flawlessly at my location. I just use the supplied built-in antenna.

With regard to OSP I noticed that when I receive traffic on TG38111 that it is typically either on the Murdock Simulcast, Five Mile or Portland Simulcast sites.

jeb2942

Feed Provider
One thing to note on the Unication PPS software is to make sure the site is entered properly. The Portland Simulcast site is entered in HEX. RFSS ID: 32 Site ID: 32

If not, you won't hear anything.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
One thing to note on the Unication PPS software is to make sure the site is entered properly. The Portland Simulcast site is entered in HEX. RFSS ID: 32 Site ID: 32

If not, you won't hear anything.

Yep. Agreed. I have that correct.

A PDF report of my simple OR ST Radio Project Phase 2 reception programming is attached. If you don’t mind, please have a look.

I think I must not have Phase 2 FW. My G4 FW is: v1.00 T08.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• OSP Lifeflight DISP - Oregon State Radio Project - Phase 2.pdf
    108.4 KB · Views: 53

jeb2942

Feed Provider
Under Zone and Channel Setting make sure push to listen is set to OFF and Alert Mode is set to "Tone" for each knob position.

cinsu

When OSRP was first showing up in the database there were several sites that didn’t have all the primary and secondary channels labeled properly. In general on this system every frequency is a secondary control channel except the larger sites. I’ll double check the control channels on the Portland site later today to confirm they are proper in the database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Under Zone and Channel Setting make sure push to listen is set to OFF and Alert Mode is set to "Tone" for each knob position.

Yep. Push to Listen is set to: No and Alert Mode is set to: Tone

Sent this email to David@unication.com:

------ Original Message ------

To: david@unication.com
Cc: doingr8@comcast.net
Sent: July 29, 2018 at 9:46 AM
Subject: Question about G4 Phase 2 and Firmware

Hello,

I applied the firmware version v1.00 T08 contained in the Phase 2 FW link provided by my dealer, Command Communications of Spring TX.* The scanner came with FW 1.00, but after applying the Phase 2 FW in the provided link, and using a newer PPS v0.3.12 Beta05, I am not able to receive a local Phase 2 P25 Trunked transmission. I have full bars of signal, and have checked with other geographically nearby Unication owners on my programming.

Do I have a Phase 2 FW and how can I confirm?

An example report of my programming is attached as a PDF.

Phase 2 FW Link provided by my Dealer:* (Link omitted)

Unication G4
Purchased on July 8th, 2018
Dealer:* Command Communications, Spring TX

FW: v1.00 T08

PPS: v0.3.12 Beta05

Receives P25 Phase 1 Trunked fine

Does not receive P25 Phase 2 Trunked

Thank you,

Scott

cinsu

Here you go, looks like one primary and everything else secondary. Really need somebody to go in and get data on Lane and Linn county cites.

Out of curiosity does the Unication auto roam sites?

Attachments

• OSRP PDX.jpg
    OSRP PDX.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 155

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Here you go, looks like one primary and everything else secondary. Really need somebody to go in and get data on Lane and Linn county cites.

Out of curiosity does the Unication auto roam sites?

Thanks for that image from Unitrunker.

I’ve only had this G4 for about three weeks.

As to your question, I’ve only been programming one site per P25 system at a time. The RR Unication forum is a wealth of information from people much more knowledgeable than me. So rather than pass on wrong information, I would rather refer you on.

I can tell you that my P25 Phase 1 LSM Simulcast distortion of my PRO-668 and WS1080 is completely gone with the Unication G4. I do not exaggerate.

Thanks,
Scott

conqi15

I was wondering if others in Lane County were hearing hit or miss OSP traffic, namely 38130 Springfield, and 38132 Oakridge. Some days I hear lots of traffic and other days its light. Seems like they are testing but I haven't been listening on this system long enough to know.

rcluster

I was wondering if others in Lane County were hearing hit or miss OSP traffic, namely 38130 Springfield, and 38132 Oakridge. Some days I hear lots of traffic and other days its light. Seems like they are testing but I haven't been listening on this system long enough to know.

I'd say more hit than miss. SP1 on 38130, OK1 on 38132 and FL1 on 38133 seem to be pretty consistent. They are still actually using their VHF repeaters as far as I can tell, just have the links set up to repeat it on the OSRP system.

Baker845

Yes, OSP is still using there Vhf repeaters, and they are crossed patched to OSRP system. I hear Eugene units on FL 1, on hwy 36 using the TRS . Once you get to the coast, Its vhf repeater only.

Last edited:

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
I've heard traffic on the following TGs:
38130 OSP Spfld 1
38132 OSP Oakridge
38133 OSP Florence

Brad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.