North Las Vegas encrypted?

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
I am hearing mixed information on whether North Las Vegas Police are encrypted. I know Las Vegas marshals, Henderson, CCSD police, Paiute tribe… are the only unencrypted departments remaining. Can anyone with a scanner verify if North Las Vegas is encrypted or not? If it is not encrypted, I’m open to deploying a scanner and putting it on Broadcastify.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Anyone can look into the database. The database can be wrong you know.
I'm well aware. Not everyone knows what the different modes mean, however. Highly doubtful the database is wrong, submission was made in 2021 & with a major metropolitan area like Vegas it's almost certain someone else would have noticed and make an update submission if they were indeed "in the clear". It's extremely rare an agency reverses encryption anyway. No one local is weighing in on this thread so far, so I still think it's safe to go with what the DB says...

Last edited:

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
Thanks for this. It’s interesting that they would broadcast bulletins unencrypted. I didn’t know that Motorola systems had the ability to dynamically turn on and off encryption. I thought that it was on the radio and on the talk group programmed statically.