KSP Post 5 & 6

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you listening to just one transmitter site or do you have all of the Post frequencies programmed? Sometimes a given transmitter site will go on the fritz.

(I generally program all sites, but only have one active unless there is an issue.)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I understand they are doing western ky first. Post 5 is hit and Miss for me. Same old frequencies when I hear them.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I was away on vacation last week but I was planning to make a post similar to this. I also have not heard anything on the post 6 frequencies for at least a month or so. I will setup a recording on the frequencies this week to see if I hear anything.

MikeSmith0096

Still not hearing anything from Post 6 and use to pick them up just fine. I am guessing the tower sites in Kenton County are down.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Still not hearing anything from Post 6 and use to pick them up just fine. I am guessing the tower sites in Kenton County are down.
Same here. I've been searching the bands for them and still nothing.

I did hear a call for a Boone County unit to go check on a KSP unit who's "radio was out of range" while on a traffic stop the other day.

FD101

Premium Subscriber
I heard them last night around midnight just fine on the Dry Ridge and Cynthiana Towers.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Like more counties across the state is what I am asking?
It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the "new" system here. Theoretically they could use the NKY RCS, or build KSP specific sites. I have not heard anything as to the plans so far. Either way you ~should~ be able to hear traffic from any post that has a radio affiliated with a local site.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the "new" system here. Theoretically they could use the NKY RCS, or build KSP specific sites. I have not heard anything as to the plans so far. Either way you ~should~ be able to hear traffic from any post that has a radio affiliated with a local site.
Definitely this will be a "wait and see" situation. On one hand it makes sense to link sites so if a Post 4 trooper is pursuing someone into Post 3's area, there won't be any radio fumbling needed.

On the other, if there is some kind of meeting at Frankfort, and one trooper from each post attends, that would be 15 or so communications paths needed. I doubt they have that many voice frequencies available. Possibly some kind of roaming channel. . .

It will be a long, long time before this all shakes out, however.