Is Portland Police encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Hello;
I lived in Portland for twenty years, always had my scanner going. I was a paramedic for 15 years, so you get use to the radio.
I moved to Los Angeles seven years ago.
So, after tell you all that. I read where Portland Police went encrypted. I cannot seem to find a straight answer, so I figured I’d ask here.
Can someone please fill me in on Portland and Multnomah County also Oregon State police.
Thank you for reading all that.

LLS207
Los Angeles, California

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Portland Police Bureau is all digital encrypted now. Fire and EMS are not. Multnomah County sheriff is now digital, requiring a Uniden SDS200 or home brew RTL-SDR dongle setup, but they are not (yet) encrypted.

So you can listen to Fire, EMS, and Multnomah Co. Sheriff, but no more Portland Police Bureau.

Oregon State Police (in Portland) can be heard on both analog and digital, and are not encrypted at this time.

lls207

Premium Subscriber
Portland Police Bureau is all digital encrypted now. Fire and EMS are not. Multnomah County sheriff is now digital, requiring a Uniden SDS200 or home brew RTL-SDR dongle setup, but they are not (yet) encrypted.

So you can listen to Fire, EMS, and Multnomah Co. Sheriff, but no more Portland Police Bureau.

Oregon State Police (in Portland) can be heard on both analog and digital, and are not encrypted at this time.
Thank you.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Portland police does not look like they are fully encrypted in the Db here on this site. Maybe just needs to be updated. I can see why Portland wants encryption. That city is a pie hole now. Who would want to live there. Kind of like downtown Los Angeles or worse.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber

arcanemirage

What happened to transparency? I would like to know what my taxpayer money is going to, and what kind of garbage is going on in my crap city now. Now we need it more than ever! BS

Status
Not open for further replies.