New Funcube+ not so fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHIOSCAN

Got my FCD+ today and ran the bootloader to upgrade the F/W to export18i.pro.bin everything goes ok and I get Firmware verified result, I then exit and try to launch FCHID2 and I get Error FCD not found. I've repeated the upg 3 more times with the same results.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Tried running SDR Console and I get "Not in Application Mode" I load bootloader again reset the app, get confirmed result and still get the same error.

SDRSharp say FCD not connected or Driver error

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Got my FCD+ today and ran the bootloader to upgrade the F/W to export18i.pro.bin everything goes ok and I get Firmware verified result, I then exit and try to launch FCHID2 and I get Error FCD not found. I've repeated the upg 3 more times with the same results.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Tried running SDR Console and I get "Not in Application Mode" I load bootloader again reset the app, get confirmed result and still get the same error.

SDRSharp say FCD not connected or Driver error

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Mike, if you post this to the FunCube Pro Plus yahoo support group, there are a bunch of folks that will help you get it resolved. And, Howard Long monitors the group, so if it ends up being a hardware issue, he'll get you a replacement.

Fcdproplus : FUNcube Dongle Pro+

Denny

JASII

Memory Capacity
FUNcube Dongle Pro+

I am interested in learning a little bit more about this. For example, is there any way to use CTCSS with this?

Redgum

CTCSS - SDR

SDRSharp is open source - written in C#

If you don't already have the free edition of Visual Studio, you can download the latest on the Microsoft MSDN site here: MSDN

SDRSharp lacks a decent audio waterfall - you can watch CTCSS tones in action using HDSDR - but it wouldn't be a terrible amount of work to write an audio processing plugin to work with SDRSharp - perhaps someone has already written one.

You could roll your own, or wait till I get sufficiently bored and I'll bake one up.

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
The only SDR software I've found to have PL Squelch has been Winradio SDRs. What I've really like to see is the rtl_fm tool with PL squelch but I'm not holding my breath.

Redgum

CTCSS for SDR

The only SDR software I've found to have PL Squelch has been Winradio SDRs. What I've really like to see is the rtl_fm tool with PL squelch but I'm not holding my breath.

I went through some FFT code the other day and it struck me that the reason why we haven't seen CTCSS squelched functionality is because of the varying amounts of ambiguity for periodicity calculation between the S/W and H/W.

My Funcube Pro+ is actually pretty close for such an inexpensive piece of kit - the other night, after rapid heating and cooling in the shack, it was 26Hz off at 6980Khz. The problem with coding a CTCSS tone is that the tone will shift depending on the amount of frequency error. The CTCSS tones rely on accurate demodulation of the carrier. So if my SDR is off - in this case somewhere around 4ppm - the reliability of identifying the correct CTCSS tone will be somewhat impractical. It really comes down to the accuracy of the SDR.

HDSDR has the audio waterfall - if you tune your SDR, you will see tones represented as contiguous lines and you can place your crosshair cursor over them and get a reasonably accurate figure - with 3-15Hz, but as you may appreciate, the CTCSS tones require 1/10th Hz accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.