• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera HM782 error: "Model settings does not match"

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

I acquired a HM782 VHF with GPS & BT. Radio works OK however when I try to read the radio I get the error" "Model settings does not match".

CPS is V9.02.04.003.iM.NA2 running on Windows 7.
Firmware is A1.5.04.006
Last programmed date was 12/14/2022. I don't have access to the computer it was programmed on.
I do have some License keys and DMR terminal batch upgrade files that came on the USB stick that I got with the radio.
I don't think those files will help however I am new to Hytera programming. (been doing Mototrbo for years!).

I tried running the CPS as an administrator, same problem.

How new, (or old), is that Firmware? I think the CPS is the latest. I believe when Hytera firmware & CPS don't match up you get that error.

I welcome any ideas, help, comments, questions, etc. Hopefully I haven't left out any pertinent information.

73, ScannerHam62

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
OK. I think I figured it out but correct me if I'm wrong or have more to offer.

I need the new H SERIES CPS.

V2.0.01.004 or V2.0.01.006 or V2.0.01.009 depending on my firmware level.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
OK, I got it working with the H series CPS.

Now I need to figure out how to get the 12.5 channel bandwidth unlocked to 25 KHz!!!!

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Previously I was running Windows 10 on my main computer and even tried a Windows 7 computer. Neither of those worked to clear the 12.5 only checkmark with numerous attempts.

Then I used my laptop, (Windows 10).
I extracted and installed the Registersuperlicense.exe in the C:\ and then installed the CPS with the latest version. My radio was already upgraded to the latest firmware.
I read the radio and Voila!! It worked. I changed all my ham frequencies to 25 KHZ, saved the file and wrote it back to the radio. This time when I got done the CPS said something like, "12.5 channel settings have been changed" - "save the setting?" YES / NO. Of course I said YES.

It is extremely important to ensure you have full administrator rights on you computer. You must run everything associated with the upgrades and licenses with FULL ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS!!

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Remember older firmware has more options then the new stuff! They removed stuff due to the Motorola Law suite. Upgrading Firmware isn't always your friend!
I'M surprised that Version 9.02 CPS will read and write 1.5 firmware it use to not work with the beginning of 9.0. cps