1 Antenna, 3 Scanners/Radios - BNC Panel?

OR002

(I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this group of questions.)

I have Tram 1410 (25MHz–1,300MHz VHF/UHF) Discone Base Antenna, a Bearcat Scanner, and SDR/PC setup, and will likely be gifted another RX-only radio in the near future.

I'm on a budget (now more than ever) and I would like to make a BNC panel (see pic) so that I can manually move the antenna cable from one to the other without having to reach to the back of the shelves to connect to each radio. Would there be any issues with this? The shield would obviously be common.

Screenshot at 2024-05-18 11-34-10.png

I've also considered addings a 4th connector to "store" the cable when not in use. Would I leave the BNC open, or should the center and ground be shorted? (I can isolate the shield on the "store" connector if needed.

Another option would be a MFJ-1704 antenna switch, which has a 'center ground protection' position in the middle, but this would cost me $130 plus shipping, and I'd have to add UHF-to-BNC adapters to each line (more money). I would only consider this if the panel above was not recommended. If I went this route, 1 of the 4 would be left unused. Should the unused be capped or anything?

OR002

I’d buy a multi-coupler so you can use all these at the same time instead of turning one off to use another.
Yes, I've looked into those, but it seems that they are closer to $200. If money was not an issue, I'd go with that.

Ubbe

Would there be any issues with this?
No issues. Make a panel with female BNC connectors and their coaxes goes to your different receivers and the antenna or several antennas.

You can have a local dipol antenna in the room/window made from coax or electrical wire to receive local systems while using the discone for other monitoring use at the same time. Then you have patch cables with male BNC connectors and can then also easily connect filters in series with the patch cables, or connect a $30 amplifer and a $10 splitter to make a multicoupler and then have other patch cables that probably needs SMA and F connectors at one end.

/Ubbe

rf_patriot200

I’d buy a multi-coupler so you can use all these at the same time instead of turning one off to use another.
I would suggest TJ's idea as well for the simplicity and efficiency. the Stridsberg has the MCA 204 for less than $200. There's also a distribution amp in there too. I have the MCA204MIL and would buy another in a minute with 3 receivers, and room for a 4th. I'm on a fixed income too, so I understand the budget,