13927u

Status
Not open for further replies.

westli

Caught Shadow-91 13927U reporting that another member of the group (referred to with a single phonetic letter) was RTB estimating Eglin during the 1900 hour Central time. Copy time was a little after 0000z. Reason for return was in code and the (probable) problem referred to as alpha-3 (I think). He requested some specified service, probably regarding the acft that was RTBing. Ground station was unheard. A few minutes later he called a group of single-letter callsigns and terminated.

Eglin AFB is on the gulf side of Florida but close enough to possibly be associated with the USS Enterprise activity.

jsoergel

Caught Shadow-91 13927U reporting that another member of the group (referred to with a single phonetic letter) was RTB estimating Eglin during the 1900 hour Central time. Copy time was a little after 0000z. Reason for return was in code and the (probable) problem referred to as alpha-3 (I think). He requested some specified service, probably regarding the acft that was RTBing. Ground station was unheard. A few minutes later he called a group of single-letter callsigns and terminated.

Eglin AFB is on the gulf side of Florida but close enough to possibly be associated with the USS Enterprise activity.

I don't think this one is related to the COMPUTEX - SHADOW 91 is an MC-130P, which doesn't share many missions with carrier ops.

Alpha 3 is a maintenance status which means that the aircraft is non-mission capable. Alpha 2 means that it is partially mission capable, and Alpha 1 means there are no maintenance issues.

westli

Thanks Jared. I had forgotten about those alpha-codes. (I used to ride in the back of RC135's and "special" C-130's many years ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.