15050 Unid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
15050 around 2350 have heard several nights now YL in Asian with music
to me this does not appear "Fire Dragon" or ("Fire Kitty") as I call it? anybody
have any input on it nothing in WRTVH on that freq. really curious about this
one been on several nights now as soon as the "Vault" went S/O on 15105
I switched over to 15050... Asian dialect...with Indian sounding music to me??
best I can describe it sorry!! ...73,s Marcy

MDScanFan

I hear something faint on 15050 right now but I can't make it out. Music with bongo drums.

A google search turned up All India Radio as having used that frequency in the past. I don't know if that is current.

majoco

Stirrer
Is that 2350z or your local? 2350z is 1150 my local so not a good time to try the DX -if the station is H24 I might catch him at late afternoon.
No mention of a station on 15050 on Dan's latest list, EiBi had a Madrid Stanag station some time ago.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Martin , just to let you know it,s 0000z and vy weak here,
nothing like last night which was strong ...actually vy poor
and uncopyable....but it is in there...73,s Marcy

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
great tks so much ! I knew it was Chinese and Indian music just could not
put the 2 together ..mystery solved...zob where does that listing come from?
73,s Marcy

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With international broadcasters doing many different languages, there is a pretty good trick that will tell you what the station is. If you can backtrack the transmission to the beginning, many use a musical jingle or other repeating theme as a marker - these are what are called 'interval signals'. Most all such stations have a unique IS, making it relatively easy to identify the station, even if you don't speak the language. Perhaps some of the most famous of them would be the BBC marking the letter V in a musical morse code (during WW2; stopped in the 60s. I think) and if they're still doing it, repeating notes from a Japanese lullaby from NHK.

Mike

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
What is that listing?? I searched WRTVH nothing on that freq. it,s obvious it,s ;like domestic (regional)
trans. not made for international target audience..73,s Marcy

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The WRTH is a good reference point, but it does get a bit dated from time to time. That's why they used to distribute a PDF generated set of updates every so often and it's found on their website. Schedules can and do change and it would be difficult to keep up...

That's why folks are using the SWSkeds spreadsheet. It's updated regularly and incorporates several different sources of information including the HFCC, EiBi, Aoki and others. The listing zob showed in his message is likely to be this. There are even files that can be downloaded and used in some SDRs like the SDRPlay

The listing above (if I'm right) comes from the SWSkeds reflector on groups.io

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Yup, that's Dan's list that came out yesterday which is why I didn't see it! There's text and the multi-coloured CSV/XLS lists so it can suit many users and their various programmes. If you join "groups.io" and the 'swskeds' group. you get an email whenever Dan posts a new list.

....and I heard nothing on 15050kHz at various times yesterday - except lightning crashes! There must be some terrific storms in the SW Pacific.

majoco

Stirrer
Yes, I get a signal on 15050kHz, 0030z, 1230local. very wavering S5 to 7, talking and music but not enough to determine the language but the music defo Indian and Chinese. On my JRC NRD515, and newish 36 yard loop and amplifier at the apex about 20 feet up and 12 yards each leg - works well with little noise.

Last edited:

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
Thats it my friend you got it....and tks to zob, MDS, and Mike for their input mystery solved..
on to to the next...73,s Marcy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.