Status
Not open for further replies.

KA0KDW

This is not just a troop D thing. The same air craft (stationed in bolivar) does several of these flights throughout troop A, D, and I. Just last week he was in Lafayette and Bates county and the week before last they went to Clay County (north side of KC) and again typically use M TAC from what I’ve heard on the Troop A channels. . I do believe in troop A they also use M Tac. In fact I hear them from time to time on M TAC in Henry county (Toop A). Troop I is the only district in the area where I hear them switch to a different channel.

KA0KDW

Do you happen to know the Freq for car to helo? I receive the helo but not the car, I have 42.000 186.2.For the car to helo but have not received any transmissions.
When they switch to 154.68 to talk to cars for traffic the cars talk on the same frequency as what you hear the Helo on.

Last edited:

Arkmood

Not that it's a problem - however, when the helo's in the airspace Branson Tower,Springfield Approach/Departure,CTAF,etc. has one more object to contend with - "helo at xxxxx feet", "helo north/south of you"...

KA0KDW

That’s while the pilot is supposed to be in constant contact on air channels it’s partly the pilots responsibility. Also not sure if everyone was aware but on scheduled traffic flights the HP is actually in a Cessna (majority of time).

Status
Not open for further replies.