155.370 for Abilene

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanaholic

It's been a while since I've been on here. I lost my precious wife of 14 years Dec. 18th, and just haven't felt up to being here.

But I was wondering if anyone ever hears any talk on 155.370 the old "intercity" channel? I never do. Listening here is as boring as ever unless you like to hear the clean up crew at the civic center, buses or garbage trucks. Since "NoVoice" came to our PD, it's more exciting watching grass grow than listening to a scanner in Abilene.

Thanks ~

DPS8504

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your wife.
The 155.370 old intercity is still active, but not as much as it used to be since nearly every agency had access to the computer systems, you only hear it during some type of emergency or interoperability exercise.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear about your loss scanaholic.

Around here (on 155.370) I just hear Austin DPS and San Antonio DPS give officer safety warnings, Amber Alerts, Silver Alerts and weather advisories from the NWS. I never hear any troopers use it, nor locals. For most local chatter I hear Texas Law 3 and occasionally Texas Law 1.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
My deepest condolences go to you. It may have been a little while, but I will send a prayer your way.

scanaholic

Thanks, guys, for your condolences. I still shed tears every day. She was so good to me and an angel from above.

Thanks for the info on 155.370 too. Just not anything on it now. But was just wondering.

Thanks again...

redhelmet13

Look for interop system put up by the Permian Basin Council of Governments. (Search the FCC license database for this agency). Fairly recent license grant so it may be a gradual build out.

nd5y

I don't hear much on 155.37 or 154.95 for that matter because most of the agencies around here have eachother's dispatch channels in their radios. I think Comanche Peak nuclear plant and Somvervell SO do radio checks every morning on 155.37.

mikecarol

update needed

It's been a while since I've been on here. I lost my precious wife of 14 years Dec. 18th, and just haven't felt up to being here.

But I was wondering if anyone ever hears any talk on 155.370 the old "intercity" channel? I never do. Listening here is as boring as ever unless you like to hear the clean up crew at the civic center, buses or garbage trucks. Since "NoVoice" came to our PD, it's more exciting watching grass grow than listening to a scanner in Abilene.

Thanks ~
Anyone have an update on Abilene? Seeing as how the wiki for Abilene is empty, and the last news update on the provoice system was Jan. 07. Are any of the fire/ems still broadcast in analog?

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I hadn't heard anything on 155.370 in years until a few weeks ago when Garland DPS simulcast a wanted broadcast. Yesterday I heard Sherman DPS simulcasting warrant information to a trooper. Not sure why they were doing this. They were also using a 127.3 tone.

niklas12345

Premium Subscriber
Look for interop system put up by the Permian Basin Council of Governments. (Search the FCC license database for this agency). Fairly recent license grant so it may be a gradual build out.
Permian basin system will not go that far east.

Stops in Big Spring. Different COG.

I am hearing the San Angelo COG plans to build a VHF / 800 trunk system.

Where they are getting the freqs only God knows as every VHF freq in West Texas is in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.