Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog1

Silent Key
I have been receiving intermittent strong carriers on 155.460 . I haven't heard traffic on this freq. in quite some time (since the Capital went 800).

I am in northern Fulton County, NY. Does anyone else have this ? Receiving 2-3 carriers /hour but no voice or digital.

Warthog1

Silent Key
After Capital PD went to 800, this freq got pretty quiet.
Now I have one radio locked on 155.460, and I am keeping a list of when I hear carriers to see if there is a type of pattern. So Far.....no pattern, just carriers.

D

DaveNF2G

It might have something to do with the activity of your other scanners. Be sure to note what they are doing when you hear a carrier.

Warthog1

Silent Key
I always consider that first. I can't seem to find a connection here Dave. I wish I could put my finger on an internal RF problem, that way I wouldn't be so concerned about this. It is a distinct key and unkey type carrier...no repeater tail. I have been logging times of the carriers, and it will go over 40 minutes without one, then you can have 3 within one minute. The other radios are all doing something different. I have had no new carriers since 11:20. I will keep looking at the possibility of internal RF . That would be much easier to explain !

Warthog1

Silent Key
This isn't Troop L. All it consists of is carriers. Usually only a couple of seconds. On one instance there were 3 within 1 minute, other times there was18 -20 minutes between carriers. No new transmissions since 11:20. Absolutely no voice present.....yet.

D

DaveNF2G

I just re-checked the FCC database. The only licensee in NY for 155.4600 is the New York State Police. There are no licenses for adjacent narrowband channels in NY.

Warthog1

Silent Key
Wonder what they have going on ? I noticed (thanks to the NF2G site) that CTCSS 146.2 is used in different troops for zone 2. I'm in zone 3, but not far from zone 2. Your website looks great Dave.

Don

Warthog1

Silent Key
Carriers continuing today, still with a 146.2 tone. Full scale on my BC-780. Tone confirmed on 4 radios. The mystery continues.

Warthog1

Silent Key
Not close at all. These carriers go on at all hours. I am going to attempt to see just how late they run tonight. I know they were apparent all weekend, but noticably more today.

Status
Not open for further replies.