156.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
Just trying to provide help to X1536.

While writing RFP specs on a repeater I took a good bit of time to make sure things would work right.

My radio vendor who would supply all makes and models showed me a very informative article about the phase change in the reverse burst and the bit algorhythm change of dpl.

It sucks to learn something like this when your screaming for help and no one is getting the message.

grem467

Welcome to our world... i find out FAR more info on the new stuff on batlabs than talking to a moto rep.

<< INSERT BLANK STARE HERE >>

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
jparks29 said:
BUT DPL IS BETTER!!!1111 IT'S DIGITAL SO ITS CRYPTIC AND NOONE CAN UNDAMASTAND IT !!!!1111

/sarcasm[/QUO

You're not serious right? In case you are, DPL, which is commonly called DCS, is just a different type of subaudible tone. It is pretty close to 136.5, actually, I know it is in the 134 hertz range. It does not digitize the voice, nor does it encrypt voice.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
You missed the sarcasm tag.

Mutual aid should also be analog, and not narrow band. =) Too funny how many times they will hand out a mutual aid freq to certain areas and it'll be narrow band when many of the agencies don't have radios that are compliant.

jparks29

John McClane
rattlerbb01 said:
jparks29 said:
BUT DPL IS BETTER!!!1111 IT'S DIGITAL SO ITS CRYPTIC AND NOONE CAN UNDAMASTAND IT !!!!1111

/sarcasm

You're not serious right? In case you are, DPL, which is commonly called DCS, is just a different type of subaudible tone. It is pretty close to 136.5, actually, I know it is in the 134 hertz range. It does not digitize the voice, nor does it encrypt voice.

yup, totally missed the sarcasm.... the joke being, officers think that because it's DIGITAL , that it must be encrypted, noone can hear it, and ,IT'S BETTER!!

lol... that was the joke..... it's not just PL, it's SUPER PL, because it's "Digital"

Status
Not open for further replies.