166.575 MHz in Niagara Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to figure out who is on this frequency 166.575 MHz for some time, this is all the info I have:

166.575 MHz Tone=162.2 Analog
LOADING TRUCKS FERTILIZER, POTASH, SEED, FARMING, FEED picking up a strong signal in Fort Erie, Ont.
Audio File Attached
Steve

Attachments

• 166.575 mhz.zip
    179.4 KB · Views: 14

ecps92

On the US Side, that channel appears to generally [YMMV] be assigned to agencies under the Dept of Agriculture

Any Large Wildlife/Animal centers, that anyone can ID ? in the Buffalo area
Could it be from the Geneva NY Area ? Got a thought, but unsure if that is too far from your QTH/Monitoring location

Saint

Premium Subscriber
On the US Side, that channel appears to generally [YMMV] be assigned to agencies under the Dept of Agriculture

Could it be from the Geneva NY Area ? Got a thought, but unsure if that is too far from your QTH/Monitoring location
Thanks for the information being on the border it could be something in the Buffalo NY area But I really can't say. I hope sooner or later someone will say something to give me a hint.
Steve

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber

Might be too far. But there’s that Montezuma Wildlife place?

ecps92

I know, sometimes the accents help, or wordings, but nothing noticed in the recordings.

Thanks for the information being on the border it could be something in the Buffalo NY area But I really can't say. I hope sonner or later someone will say something to give me a hint.
Steve

mciupa

Boomer
Listening to the dialogue in the recordings, it sounds Canadian.

Western New Yorkers tend to have a "Mid-West" accent to us in Canada.
If WNYers say "top dollar" it sounds like "tap daller" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.