2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
519
Reaction score
41
Location
Columbia, MO
Installation just completed on my truck, though I cannot take credit as it was completed by a local radio shop. VHF and UHF Motorola XPR5550, along with a extra cable with a BNC connector for when I have my portable Uniden Digital scanner in the truck it fits nicely in the cup holder.

Antennas are from front to back Scanner wide receiver antenna, UHF, VHF.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7588.JPG
    IMG_7588.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 3,711
  • IMG_7587.JPG
    IMG_7587.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,951
  • IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 1,783
  • IMG_7577.JPG
    IMG_7577.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,538
  • IMG_7584.JPG
    IMG_7584.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,604

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
4,299
Reaction score
1,339
Location
The Natural State
I always like to see installs done in the newer vehicles since the newer rides seem to be the most difficult to install radios in these days (no space!). Looks like Ram Trucks gave you a nice cubby in the perfect spot for those control heads.

The install looks great! Enjoy!
 

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
988
Reaction score
5
Location
Enfield, CT
That's a very nice install and those Motorola units fit perfectly.

Which Uniden do you use in the cup holders?

Russell
 

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
28,804
Reaction score
37,480
Location
United States
Nice looking install. It does take some work to do installs in newer vehicles, but with the remote heads it's a bit easier. Looks like they did a quality job.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love to see when antenna installs are done right. Permanent mount NMO's on top of the cab is really the way to go. Anything else is a halfa$$ed compromise.
 

dmg1969

Member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
48
Location
Newport, PA
Very nice install. Super clean!

Is the forward-most antenna a Laird ABSCAN scanner antenna?
 

Stephen

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
519
Reaction score
41
Location
Columbia, MO
The forward most antenna is the scanner antenna, and I have thus far been very impressed by its performance on low band up to 800mhz.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top