2015 Mazda CX-5 and 436HP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
i'd personally just re terminate the cable with a right angle bnc. solves both problems.

djones is bad about pm's on here, but the few times i needed something, i called the company number listed on their web page, and he answered both times.

we ordered a few high dollar things from them over last summer, and they were one of the vendors to do the install on my partner's department's rigs.

Also, you should see the antenna i got away with using on the scanner for the DTRS. completely tiny compared to the one i run the rest of the year. But when i was in colorado the last two summers, i only used the scanner for the digital. everything else was run thru one of two VHF radios in the truck.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
My initial contact with Code 3 was via the email address on thier website. I received a response on that and was even able to get a very reasonable quote on the work. When I went down to have it done, the person I spoke to (not him) said I needed to schedule the work. Attempts to get that accomplished went ignored. I chalk it up to his company being very much in demand (the shop looked busy when I stopped by), so it's great for him.

As far as the cables are concerned, I'm really just concerned about the USB for power. It's just kinda there, almost like an after-thought.

scottyhetzel

Transit-style antennas, such as the one you currently have on your vehicle, are extremely band-specific, and at best, work satisfactorily. I had several of them. Performance on transmit (ham bands) and receive was worse than a typical quarter-wave antenna. Many hams and scanner hobbyists are extremely limited to space because of low garage door clearance, and visibility factors. If it works for you, then you are very fortunate.

Attached is my CVPI with 11 NMO mounts (on trunk lid and roof). I have pro-quality performance on every radio and device connected to them. I have no garage door-clearance issue, and limited my trunk-lid mount for my Yaesu ATAS-120 screwdriver-type HF antenna.

Omg, omg, That is crazy. I would love to park that ride by a police lot and see the reactions and circles the cops would make around that vehicle. Leave a note inside saying internal affairs. Lol you obviously can't leave that vehicle anywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.