2017 Fleet Week NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I think I am the one who starts this thread for fleet week every year. So, I figure I would keep up with tradition. I am sure Parade of Ships will be heard on Wednesday and 138MHz - 144 MHz, 148-150 MHz should definitely be searched for Navy Pier Ops which have been in P25 mode each year. In the past, I suggested that the admins added a section in the DB for fleet week/Navy frequencies confirmed over the years, but have always been denied when trying to submit them given the reason that it is only a once per year event. I disagree, but it is what it is. Please post anything fleet week related here, including any new frequencies heard.

rufus-7

So far, I picked up activity on the following frees. 138.500 143.350 and 143.400 all p25

Analogrules

Keep Up the Good work!

Nice catches so far. I am already missing my digital scanner. hehe. I am at work and cannot monitor today, but for those who can, don't forget 260.900 (I think that's the right frequency) for Parade Of Ships. Again, RR DB admins refuse to add these frequencies to the DB even though they are heard every single year!

Also, monitor all the standard Marine/Boat Channels. Also curious if any coast guard can be heard on their 200/300 MHz frequencies. Standard Heliport frequencies in the 123 MHz range will probably be active too. (Even military choppers use the standard Air band to communicate with the heliports).

ecps92

Events such as this DO NOT belong in the DB, that is what the Wiki is for.

Build out a wiki, as others have done for similar annual events.
Nice catches so far. I am already missing my digital scanner. hehe. I am at work and cannot monitor today, but for those who can, don't forget 260.900 (I think that's the right frequency) for Parade Of Ships. Again, RR DB admins refuse to add these frequencies to the DB even though they are heard every single year!

Also, monitor all the standard Marine/Boat Channels. Also curious if any coast guard can be heard on their 200/300 MHz frequencies. Standard Heliport frequencies in the 123 MHz range will probably be active too. (Even military choppers use the standard Air band to communicate with the heliports).

Analogrules

Bill, that is just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I honestly do not know how to build out a Wiki on here. If you can send me the step by step instructions either here or PM, that would be appreciated.

Analogrules

That link is still very confusing, but what I get from it is that I need to know HTML coding to create the Wiki. Very complicated. If it is not as complicated as it seems, perhaps someone can PM me step by step instructions on how I can even get to the Blank page to create the Wiki. This link is unfortunately not helpful and does not take me to a blank page to submit info as a Wiki.

Analogrules

I just spent over an hour trying to create a wiki page and after putting in all the information, I hit "Save" and I got a message saying I do not have permission to access this page. Huh? I was creating my own page. Very complicated and ridiculous compared to simply submitted info to the main DB. Screw the Wiki! It needs to be much more user friendly the same way submitting information to the DB is.

If someone else who knows what they are doing wants to create one for Fleet Week, that would be great. I am done with it.

jaymatt1978

The thing of if is the DATABASE is for set locations like towns cities states airports. The WIKI is nfor events like Fleetweek, the INDY 500, Rose Bowl, etc. Fleet week, air shows, sport events like the World Series and Supr Bowls are events and that's where the Wiki is useful!!!

Analogrules

I understand where you are coming from Jaymatt. I just like to have ONE reference point online, without having to look through several threads for frequencies commonly used during fleet week. But, now that a Wiki page has been created with the help of a few hobbiests on here, we now at least have one reference point where all Fleet Week related frequencies can be found and added.

Speaking of fleet week, I heard Marine Ch 14 very active today advising boats to stay away from certain piers due to navy diving exercises taking place. Also heard Blue Angles briefly on 127.850.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
RIP to the Navy Seal who died during the Leap Frogs parachute demo today. Thank you for your service, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.