2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

I posted some pics a couple months back of my new Elantra and at the time the only radio installed was a Radio Shack HTX-212. I was trying to figure out where to the put the A9 head for my VHF Motorola Syntor. The cubby I wanted to use in the front would've worked but I would've lost storage space & easy access to the 12v outlets/Aux Port/USB Port, so for the last couple months I've been brainstorming on what to do........

Here's what I came up with. I used a Panavise stalk mount to bolt the head to and then mounted the bottom to the side of the console, & mounted the speaker just forward of it on the side of the console as well. Luckily when I took the HTX-212 out I was able to use the existing screw holes to mount this equipment so no more holes had to be made in the plastic. And for the mic I mounted a clip on the side of the head. In the pics it looks like the head and mount intrude some into the passenger compartment but they don't. The two wires you see kinda hanging above the speaker go to my front and rear warning lights which plug into the power outlets. I did have one person ask why I mounted the bracket for the speaker like I did because I would normally mount it from the bottom so it's not seen, but I've got an XTS5000 drop in charger that will be going there. I'm fabricating a custom bracket for it. I'll actually take the speaker back off & sandwich the bracket between the console & speaker bracket, the bracket will then make a 90 degree turn covering the told of the speaker & bracket. Then the charger will be mounted to the top of it at an angle facing the front seat. Hope that isn't to confusing lol. I'll include pics of the process when I update the thread. There will be more coming with this install as I figure out exactly how I want to do things so stay tuned...... I'd rather think on it longer and be 100% sure instead of moving things around 10 times lol. As always comments are welcome.
IMG_0136.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

mrweather

Nice and professional looking! You made good use of the limited space cars today have.

Status
Not open for further replies.