2024 Ford Explorer BC436HP install

n1wof

Feed Provider
2024 Ford Explorer XLT, this one isn't getting a radio console so I have to get a little creative with the radios, First one in is a Uniden BC436HP scanner. It not going to ever leave the car so a more permanent mount was preferred. Power is provided from the OBD port and antenna is a NMO on the roof. Pepwave internet device is already installed and uses a Airgain antenna. 3 more radios ( all remote head ) scheduled to go in soon. Enjoy!
scanner smaller.JPGside smaller.JPGroof smaller.JPG

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I would really think about installing a Havis Console that is made for your vehicle type. you have all those antenna on the roof already and all those cables need to go somewhere but then that is just my opinion.
Does Havis even make a console for the civilian version explorer? Shift knob and a bunch of other stuff integrated into the console, be a royal PITA I would think to convert to a popo type console. I would get creative with remote heads and leave it as is. Antenna cables can be routed to where the radio bricks are easy enough.

n1wof

Feed Provider
Does Havis even make a console for the civilian version explorer? Shift knob and a bunch of other stuff integrated into the console, be a royal PITA I would think to convert to a popo type console. I would get creative with remote heads and leave it as is. Antenna cables can be routed to where the radio bricks are easy enough.
I think they make one for the civilian Explorer, owners specifically want it to remain as stock as possible, although one could argue that its already been heavily modified... the 3rd seat has been removed and a custom enclosure was installed to house all the gear, inverter, radios, additional fuse panel and network equipment.. antenna cables are the least of my probelms....this weekend is the installation of the lights....Whelen ions in the front and Feniex cannons in the taillights.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I would agree with the suggestion to look at some sort of console if you're going to be adding that many more radios to the mobile rig. I don't know off hand but I do believe that you can find some consoles that integrate with the civilian version. Or you can do something like what Gary K4AAQ did in his RAV4 (he is who started the YouTube channel "HamRadioNow" back in the day. Search that channel for a walk around of his rig sometime in the last few years...he has a 'stack' of remote heads on a mount similar in location to your 436.)

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I would really think about installing a Havis Console that is made for your vehicle type. you have all those antenna on the roof already and all those cables need to go somewhere but then that is just my opinion.
Unfortunately there is NO Console model regardless of brand made for a 2024 Ford Explorer "Consumer Model" non Police Interceptor.

weathermedic

Premium Subscriber
How about this? The 2020 and 2024 should be virtually identical.