2096 Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone hope all hyad a nice holiday! I have a 2096 a couple of years old. I'm having a problem with the display. All I'm getting atr about 11 horizontal lines on the display. Everything else works. Any ideas or do I need to have RS repair?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you're handy with electronics, check the ribbon cable from the display, where it plugs into the main board.

APTN

Display

If you're handy with electronics, check the ribbon cable from the display, where it plugs into the main board.

You may also try bringing in it for repair or exchange. This is a known issue with the Pro 2096.

hamflying

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem. What I did was open up the case and looked for the ribbon cable that goes between the main board and the front. I trimmed off the very slight end of the ribbon cable and relocked the cable down to the main board. That has cured by problem and now it's been 1 year so far. Good luck.

Warning: Taking this action is no warranty expressed by me or any other amateurs.

W9NES

I had the same problem with my Pro-2096 and sent it to Radios Shack Repair.They did a great job and Idid get a 1 year warranty with the repair.*Note the Radio Shack Pro-96 handheld also has the same problem*

tonya

Premium Subscriber
2096 Display Update

First thanks to everyones for there help. This radio has only been used in my car. When I took it out and hooked it up to a 110 volt outlet inside everything worked fine at least for the last hour. I'm thinking now for what ever reason it was not getting enough juice from the 12 volt. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.