246T Class for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernemannt

Is there any interest in havng a class for beginners who have 246T scanners? I am a newbie and I think it would be a lot easier to understand how to use the scanner if there was a hands on class led by someone who has experience programming the model. I would be eager to attend if someone in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area would be willing to teach myself and others who are interested.

Thanks.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Is there any interest in havng a class for beginners who have 246T scanners? I am a newbie and I think it would be a lot easier to understand how to use the scanner if there was a hands on class led by someone who has experience programming the model. I would be eager to attend if someone in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area would be willing to teach myself and others who are interested.

Thanks.

Is there really that many people who need help with one specific scanner?

Get out your instruction book, jump on the net and combine research with experimentation...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It doesn't help that the Uniden manuals for the DMA radios are poorly written. But there is help (anything in blue and/or underlined is a link, whether it's here on the forums or in our wiki)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC246T

berne you weren't particularly specific in what areas you need help, so I'm going to suggest keeping a copy of the 'Easier to Read' manual for the 246 handy (it's in the related pages section of that article I just linked). There are also numerous articles on the wiki for understanding trunking, a glossary of terms (which is never ever complete, but it's a good start) and a great deal more.

No need to search the web - use our wiki first.

73 Mike

n2mdk

If your ever in my area I'll gladly give you a lesson in how to program it.

Status
Not open for further replies.