30/03/24 15M band - UK time 10:00 - 14:00 UTC 15M Band portable 100W

RadioDXfun

Omni low angle radiator
As I remembered, I thought I would put this on here. I will add some contacts on this thread this morning as I go. Midday UK time onwards
is a good metric for when the Atlantic opens if it does today. I am on 15M calling with G call sign and portable. 100 Watts.

If you find me from the forum let me know when we speak, good luck.

Using 1/2 EFHW mono band on a 18m pole (fed at about 10-11m, on a hill with very low noise RX. It is very rare I do not make the eastern states of USA
on 15m these days. Often mid and even western states with luck.

SFI 167 so reasonable for some 15m action.

Hope to hear you on.

There is a contest making mess of the band bit I am on upper end of band 21.430 and up to get away from the contest a bit.On air though and calling.

Going qrt I cannot suffer the contest.Poor judgement on my part should have known the band will be filled with people on send with no receive.

I take this on the chin, totally my error. Impossible to hold a frequency without deaf stations "CQ Contest" all over you every 5mins.

I will avoid weekends or take 12/17m extensions with me in future lesson learnt.

All respect for others goes out of the window with contests. I think they should be banned personally.