396 case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Is there any case out there that fits better then this nylon case that I just got from Grove? This thing is like 2 sizes to big and looks terrible. Also there is nothing holding the radio in unless you have that massive belt clip on it. I would like a nice snug fit soft leather case.

Concrete1

safetyobc

I have a lilkase case that fits like a glove. It looks good and is good quality.

Unfortuneately I think they have went out of business.

Maybe Glenn at ScannersUnlimited has some that would look good?

Dubbin

Feed Provider
safetyobc said:
I have a lilkase case that fits like a glove. It looks good and is good quality.

Unfortuneately I think they have went out of business.

Maybe Glenn at ScannersUnlimited has some that would look good?

Yes I think they are out of business. All Glenn has is the same case as in the link above and the one I have now. I guess I'll just have the wife shorten up the strap on the back of what I have now to make it fit tighter.

Concrete1

Also check local Camping/marine/ stores for a possible "pouch" that fits good, but is made for some other product.

kc8syo

I have the leather case with the plastic windows top and bottom I bought from Scanner Master $29.95 + $6.95 shipping the code # is 01-581010 I hope that helps.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I have the one that Grove sells too (I got it somewhere else). it looks like a hand-me-down and I am embarrassed to be seen with it. it works and I use it but it's ugly as sin.

does Uniden have a leather case out? I thought I saw the part number somewhere.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
mike_s104 said:
I have the one that Grove sells too (I got it somewhere else). it looks like a hand-me-down and I am embarrassed to be seen with it. it works and I use it but it's ugly as sin.

does Uniden have a leather case out? I thought I saw the part number somewhere.

The one grove sells is the same thing as Unidens case. My wife fixed mine up for me about an hour ago and I'm happy with the results. Now it fits MUCH tighter and looks like it was made for the radio.

I don't like the belt part on the one from scannermaster. If it had a clip instead of the belt loop then thats what I would have bought.

Last edited:

RISC777

kc8syo said:
I have the leather case with the plastic windows top and bottom I bought from Scanner Master $29.95 + $6.95 shipping the code # is 01-581010 I hope that helps.

Ditto, Dubbin.

Rich and Sumner carry a great leather case. Everything's covered except the top with openings on the sides for the Func/Menu and power/interface ports. Even a hole at the bottom to drain water if for some reason liquid gets in. Sturdy belt piece which you have to turn the scanner upside down to release it from the holder. They also carry a "visor clip" that this leather case fits to exactly as to its belt clip. Very sturdy, well sewn, takes abuse and doesn't show it.

edit: Dubbin, really, I think you'd like the belt piece of it. Really.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
RISC777 said:
Other then dress belts I never wear one so no, I dont think I would like it ;) I'm perfectly happy now with the case I got after my wife made a minor adjustment to it. It fits nice and tight and needs to be unsnapped for the radio to come out.

scanner.jpg

safetyobc

RISC777 said:
Ditto, Dubbin.

Rich and Sumner carry a great leather case. Everything's covered except the top with openings on the sides for the Func/Menu and power/interface ports. Even a hole at the bottom to drain water if for some reason liquid gets in. Sturdy belt piece which you have to turn the scanner upside down to release it from the holder. They also carry a "visor clip" that this leather case fits to exactly as to its belt clip. Very sturdy, well sewn, takes abuse and doesn't show it.

Who is Rich and Sumner? Where is this case?

swcscott

Premium Subscriber
396 Case?

Try the Icom LC-151 R3 Case. It's soft leather, fits very well, and has a plastic cover over the key pad except for a small opening over the scan button. If you take the metal post off the back of the scanner it fit's perfect to carry the scanner around in you pocket. If you make some minor cut outs to the leather in the back of the case you can use the the Uniden belt clip. The case has worked very well for me.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Watel and Uniden soft case, one and the same?

Mine fits quite nicely, protects all but the top earphone jack, and looks good. Now all it needs is an aftermarket eaphone jack stopper.

jojo1064

I am looking at the leather case for the 396. I would be interested but I can't find the 'visor clip' that the case will fit into. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.