396T Lock-Out Option Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

OK, I have several groups within one Motorola system, i.e., police, fire, etc., etc. Each group has numerous TGs within them. Can I lock out the entire group or do I have to lock out each TG within a group?

Also, if there is bunch of stuff on a particular system, would it make sense to set the system up more than once to reduce the number of groups on the system even though they are part of the same system?

In other words you might want to listen only to police or fire or something else. My PD and FD has over 40 TGs on each system. If you can block a whole group that is fine. If not, I guess the same system multiple times in the radio????????

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your patience.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Hold FUNC and press the quick-key for that group to deselect it.

Gatorman

I appreciate it. I am not familiar with the "quick-key." Can you give me a few more details.

Thanks much.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You set a quickkey for each group, each set of talkgroup ID's. Turn them on / off by holding FUNC and hitting the key when you're scanning that system.

For more details, check the manual about programming systems / groups.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Each system has a quick key as well so make sure you hold the FUNC button when pressing the quick keys or you will turn on/off an entire system instead of the group you want to turn on or off. You can also do it this way:

1. Push MENU
2. Select "Program System"
3. Select the system that contains the group you wish to lock/unlock
4. Select "Edit Group"
5. Select the group you wish to lock/unlock
6. Select "Set Lockout"
7. Select "Lockout" or "Unlocked"

Status
Not open for further replies.